Your list of most thought provoking questions.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Your list of most thought provoking questions.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 10:35 pm
I guess, "What is?" is a good one.

What phrases, questions, quotes, or comments have most provoked your thinking?

Pythagorean

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 01:49 am
@Quinn phil,
Quinn, I posted a list a while back here on the forums that you might be interested in: http://www.philosophyforum.com/lounge/general-discussion/587-10-great-questions-philosophy.html

HexHammer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 05:46 am
@Quinn phil,
Quinn;126301 wrote:
I guess, "What is?" is a good one.

What phrases, questions, quotes, or comments have most provoked your thinking?
In this thread, I intentionally provoke the group think, the naive, the weak, the strong, those who are ruled by emotion, those who are consumed by philosophy ..detached from the real world, by defiling their most sactifyed and holiest of holiest, their freedom of speech, their equality, the beauty of philosophy..etc.
http://www.philosophyforum.com/lounge/general-discussion/7705-purge-fools-please.html

I wanted to see what all these fancy philosophers are made of in their darkest hour, when what they hold dearest are attacked and utterly defiled. How does they stand against that, how do they negotiate it? Not by attacking them personally, but attacking their values and observe!
Though unfortunaly it stooped down to mudthrowing, but a predictable course.

My vile act was inspired by watching this video about Crowd Psycology and Manipulation.
Where it states that the group think people will attack those outside compromising the group think values, which indeed they did.
YouTube - Crowd Psychology & Manipulation 1 of 24

I had to act like an ******* prior and post incident, not to wake suspecion. Very Happy

Lost1 phil

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 05:55 am
@Quinn phil,
What do you give to philosophy? Is it worth the price?

Lost1

HexHammer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 05:59 am
@Lost1 phil,
Lost1;140518 wrote:
What do you give to philosophy? Is it worth the price?

Lost1
It is primarily a selfstudy, maybe it will result in contribution to philosophy ..who knows.
I think it's very well worth the price, to test things, never blindly tust what are being taught. Tbh I don't really care about all these feelings, when it comes to the greater good, but if it has no purpose ..then ofc I care.

wayne

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:41 am
@Quinn phil,
"Simplify, simplify, simplify"....... Thoreau

HexHammer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:48 am
@wayne,
wayne;140525 wrote:
"Simplify, simplify, simplify"....... Thoreau
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] dunno
[x] what the ...?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Your list of most thought provoking questions.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:36:31