What Things Do You Want The World To START Doing?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What Things Do You Want The World To START Doing?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:41 pm
If one is asked and answered then so should the other.

Krumple

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:45 pm
@sometime sun,

cartwheels?

kennethamy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:47 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;125296 wrote:
If one is asked and answered then so should the other.

It seems to me that turning on its axis, and going around the Sun is enough. Don't you think so?

sometime sun

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:53 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;125298 wrote:
It seems to me that turning on its axis, and going around the Sun is enough. Don't you think so?

Just about enough, but not everything it is capable of creating being ending

---------- Post added 02-06-2010 at 12:55 AM ----------

kennethamy;125298 wrote:

I notice you use a capital for your use of Sun, why is this please?

Leonard

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:13 pm
@sometime sun,
How about the world starts letting criminals work in prison. Have them work on wind turbines and pay them back for it. Instead of turning our backs on criminals, we can give them a chance to do something.

kennethamy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:24 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;125301 wrote:
Just about enough, but not everything it is capable of creating being ending

---------- Post added 02-06-2010 at 12:55 AM ----------

I notice you use a capital for your use of Sun, why is this please?

It is the name of something. I also use a capital for "Mars". It is the name of a planet.

I don't understand your previous sentence. What does it mean.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:16 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;125298 wrote:

The world going around the sun is 'just about enough'.
Just about is not always enough for an unknown furture.
But maybe just enough for a today, or was that just as always yesterday,
maybe not enough, for of all our possible impossible tomorrows.
The world is capable of birthing more, being more, ending as more than merely a spinning orb on its axis going around another bigger hotter orb.
The world is more than its place in the universe, it is our place in our universe as well.
The world does not just create our as own, we also create the world our as own.
Is either ever owned by the other?

Krumple

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:22 pm
@sometime sun,
I think we should gather every last resource to build a giant monolith that says we consumed everything and it was great.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:31 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;125600 wrote:
I think we should gather every last resource to build a giant monolith that says we consumed everything and it was great.

Great until the end..................... great until someone was without................... fade out.....................face on Mars..................... the only thing we will ever be credited for.............................. that which even the winds of time and space cant erase.......................tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow......................until tomorrow there is still a today never to be wasted............................today is with........................ tomorrow a fade out.......................great enough to be rememebred for just one day......................i get it...........................would but could not give it away......................it will all be taken by the winds and by the times.........................and wide empty spaces......................i will never have to wake again and remember....................the trials lost........................i am undone..............................until i am forgotten.............................fade out...........................i am undone......................i am forgotten.......................you cant find what was never gotten.....................fade out at long last.........................i get it........................dont remember to forget me when i am gone..........................until even space ends and the winds are stopped....................fade out.............................. all starts stopped..........................end scene.

That's how that you made me feel.Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:02 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;125317 wrote:
It is the name of something. I also use a capital for "Mars". It is the name of a planet. .

It's different customs. Like the notation of dates. In Spain today would be written down as 7 II 2010.

Krumple

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:04 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;125617 wrote:
Great until the end..................... great until someone was without................... fade out.....................face on Mars..................... the only thing we will ever be credited for.............................. that which even the winds of time and space cant erase.......................tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow......................until tomorrow there is still a today never to be wasted............................today is with........................ tomorrow a fade out.......................great enough to be rememebred for just one day......................i get it...........................would but could not give it away......................it will all be taken by the winds and by the times.........................and wide empty spaces......................i will never have to wake again and remember....................the trials lost........................i am undone..............................until i am forgotten.............................fade out...........................i am undone......................i am forgotten.......................you cant find what was never gotten.....................fade out at long last.........................i get it........................dont remember to forget me when i am gone..........................until even space ends and the winds are stopped....................fade out.............................. all starts stopped..........................end scene.

That's how that you made me feel.Smile

Ahh I don't know if I should say thanks or apologize. Can I make it worse with a final thought. Everything we make will eventually end up in the sun. The sun will eventually expand and consume the earth. It was a star that created the Earth and it will be a star that destroys it. Hey look, we are back on the sun again. Oh should I have capitalized sun? I hope it forgives me.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:10 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;125600 wrote:

I think we did after WOII, but it were 2 monoliths. We consumed everything, some lots more then others. Now we will pay the bill.

salima

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:58 am
@sometime sun,
hello sometime-
did you mean the world or did you mean the people who live on it? i am not sure the world as a planet has much of a choice as to what it can do. if there was a choice i thought i would like to see it manage its weather a little better so there would be more areas that are temperate and comfortable to live and work in, but maybe that is not so good. the extremes it offers us in climate and geography allow for more variety in life and more challenges and more opportunities than a tepid world could.

i think kenneth is right, maybe going around the sun just as it is doing is about the best thing it can do.

and yet i would add to krumple's thoughts that we didnt really consume everything since nothing can be created or destroyed, it is all still here in another form. and the fact that the earth will again go back to the sun from whence it came is soothing and can sere as a reminder that we are all going back where we came from eventually no matter what we do here.

Lost1 phil

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:04 am
@sometime sun,
Slow down the pace at which it is evolving towards the inevitable.

Lost1

sometime sun

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:16 pm
@salima,
salima;125726 wrote:
hello sometime-
did you mean the world or did you mean the people who live on it? i am not sure the world as a planet has much of a choice as to what it can do. if there was a choice i thought i would like to see it manage its weather a little better so there would be more areas that are temperate and comfortable to live and work in, but maybe that is not so good. the extremes it offers us in climate and geography allow for more variety in life and more challenges and more opportunities than a tepid world could.

i think kenneth is right, maybe going around the sun just as it is doing is about the best thing it can do.

and yet i would add to krumple's thoughts that we didnt really consume everything since nothing can be created or destroyed, it is all still here in another form. and the fact that the earth will again go back to the sun from whence it came is soothing and can sere as a reminder that we are all going back where we came from eventually no matter what we do here.

People choose that which the world can start being, but maybe more, maybe that the world could start being more than just the planet, maybe the world could become start being the mother we long her to be.
Maybe the world could start being more than our world, more than our home, maybe the world if it is asleep or hiding from us could wake up and start doing things for or against us, maybe the world could start to recognise itself.
Maybe the world could start telling us her children what it is that we need to do to be more welcome and safe in her bosom.
Maybe the world could start telling us where the buried treasure is.
Maybe the world could start to bring back all that we have taken away from it. The Dodo could be reinstated if the world was aware and wanted to start a renovation, start a new age, start a new start.
Maybe the world could start to give us more hours in the days of sunshine and bliss we know we have had before and always dream will be our morning.
Maybe the world could start to clean its own oceans and start to water the deserts and start to calm the waves.
Maybe it already does all this and maybe we just aren't willing or ready to start with it.

Maybe just enough, but could it and we be more, could the world start afresh with us ready to go with it where we know we can trust we can stay safe when we land when we find the ground and the legs to wlak upright.
Just about enough for the world, but is it enough for us?
Is the world enough for us?
Do we need the world to start being something we can save before we even start to do so?
Do we need the world to start to want us?
And if not, what new beginnings, fresh starts could we do for that which will never ask of us. But may only be able to demand of us when it is to late to save a world that only we wish it could speak.
Maybe we could start trying to save the world for more than just us, maybe we could start saving the world so it does not have to destroy us to save its self.
Maybe the world could start to save the world.
But it is only us who needs at this time to be saved, so why aren't we saving? why aren't we starting?

salima

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 01:20 pm
@sometime sun,
we certainly know what needs to be done, not only for the world but for ourselves and each other, and in all situations. people (all of us) dont always do what we should, and dont always do wrong things either. but basically it seems to be human nature to look the other way, doesnt it? like the old children's story about the grassshopper and the ant. maybe the world will just have to get rid of us all and keep the ants...

but why should that have to be a sad thing or a bad thing? maybe it is the right thing

Arjuna

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:14 pm
@salima,
salima;126797 wrote:
we certainly know what needs to be done, not only for the world but for ourselves and each other, and in all situations. people (all of us) dont always do what we should, and dont always do wrong things either. but basically it seems to be human nature to look the other way, doesnt it? like the old children's story about the grassshopper and the ant. maybe the world will just have to get rid of us all and keep the ants...

but why should that have to be a sad thing or a bad thing? maybe it is the right thing
I agree. I learned as a child that the cockroaches would survive a global nuclear war. I imagined what sorts of things they might evolve into. The emotion I feel about that isn't sadness. It's love.

Leonard

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:19 pm
@sometime sun,
If the sun does not expand and kill us (or we flee off to elsewhere in the universe) the universe itself will eventually expand until everything is pulled apart; planets pulled from stars and galaxies torn apart.

Krumple

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 08:46 pm
@sometime sun,
I got it, I figured it out sometime sun!

We should make a really big plastic bag with all that discarded plastic in landfills and tossed out grocery bags. We then wrap the earth in it and preserve it perfect for ever. Why use plastic? Because it'll last for ever and the sun doesn't do a very good job destroying it. It's perfect. I'm sure there is plenty of plastic out there to make a big enough bag too. It is the ultimate green project.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 02:28 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;126893 wrote:
I got it, I figured it out sometime sun!

We should make a really big plastic bag with all that discarded plastic in landfills and tossed out grocery bags. We then wrap the earth in it and preserve it perfect for ever. Why use plastic? Because it'll last for ever and the sun doesn't do a very good job destroying it. It's perfect. I'm sure there is plenty of plastic out there to make a big enough bag too. It is the ultimate green project.

Right, we allways used plastic to build a greenhouse; it works!Laughing

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What Things Do You Want The World To START Doing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:47:19