Novelty Seeking

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Novelty Seeking

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:36 pm
Do you seek new ideas just for that rush of truth? I do. It's awesome!

I found an old article that never really got good press. It is short. Please read and discuss.

Novelty Seekers and Drug Abusers Tap Same Brain Reward System<BR>

Jebediah

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:41 pm
@Magnus phil,
Magnus;124473 wrote:
Do you seek new ideas just for that rush of truth? I do.

Yes, absolutely. I'd bet it's the basis of my interest in philosophy.

Magnus phil

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:47 pm
@Magnus phil,
Where is everyone? Such a nice site.

3k1yp2

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 04:25 pm
@Magnus phil,
i feel that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. How is it right for them to force personality changes on rats, and then expect them not to act in the desired way that is only natural. its actually common sense. And i do seek knowledge for the thrill of it...i also smoke, so maybe they're onto something, but not necessarily. I know plenty of lazy, sedentary smokers who sit at home.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 04:33 pm
@3k1yp2,
Very interesting article, Magnus, thanks.

As for those lazy, sedentary drug users: perhaps they fulfill their desire for novelty through drugs, thus sating their need for active novelty? Instead of getting out for new experiences, they sit home and fulfill that need with drugs.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 04:26 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;124778 wrote:
Very interesting article, Magnus, thanks.

As for those lazy, sedentary drug users: perhaps they fulfill their desire for novelty through drugs, thus sating their need for active novelty? Instead of getting out for new experiences, they sit home and fulfill that need with drugs.

Sedentary drugs ar also widely prescribed. I have to use them sometimes and you right, you tend to stay home. So many times I have to face prejudgements because I'm slow, forget things etcetera. Getting the same looks I changed from pharmacy to coffee-shop. I still can't do much but at least I feel relaxed about it.

It has nothing to do with laziness and I would like U to be more carefull with your words.:letme-at-em:

Insty

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 09:07 am
@Magnus phil,
I often seek out new ideas even if they aren't true. It can be enjoyable and exciting to just to encounter a new way of looking at things.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:47 am
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;124476 wrote:
Yes, absolutely. I'd bet it's the basis of my interest in philosophy.

New experiences stimulate the brain. Problemsolving gives a physical award. I'm happy to see my tulips grow in time. I had to use some trixks with the temperature but now I allready have a yellow & red own. The red is overtaking the yellow... 3 more to grow!

I try to practice thinking doing day-to-day things.:shifty:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Novelty Seeking
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:11:22