Ride a white horse.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Ride a white horse.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 01:31 am
I may be learning to ride horses soon.
I know i would wish it so.
Sometimes we can do more than wish, sometimes wishes can come true.
What are those dreams you have always wished to wake but not had the time or the money or the insert excuse here?
Romantic things?
Swimming with dolphins, ride a certain rollercoaster, go to Disney Land, get married in Vegas, eat pastries in Paris, climb the pyramids, gondola in Venice, smoke in Amsterdam, jump out a plane, that weightless thing they do in planes, fly a kite, invent freedom or gravity while a panda bear sings you the song of its heart eating cherry pie with vanilla icecream, etc
skies not the limit anymore.

Any one ride a horse before? if so could you give me some pointers.

Is just having the dream enough for you?
Are you working towards fulfilling a dream?
If so what is it? and how close are you to being awake whilst it happens?

Fido

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 09:54 pm
@sometime sun,
Wish is an old god. All my dreams have come true, and one wish I had and pissed away is the love of my wife...Now, nothing matters...She alone, and her love have meaning..She is my Godess...

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:58 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;123812 wrote:

Try not to fall off.

sometime sun

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:52 pm
@Fido,
Fido;123978 wrote:
Wish is an old god. All my dreams have come true, and one wish I had and pissed away is the love of my wife...Now, nothing matters...She alone, and her love have meaning..She is my Godess...

Are you her God?

Fido

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 12:17 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;124227 wrote:
Are you her God?
I am her dog, if she wants me... I started with a small town girl, and she has outgrown me... She is a star, she lights up every room she enters, and I am just me...

Lily

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 01:30 pm
@sometime sun,
Hmm. I alway tell people that I'm going to marry someone rich, but we'll see about that...:shifty: I would like to be the princess of a fairytale with an "and they lived happily aver after"-ending, but seems a just a bit too impossible, I'm afraid.:sarcastic:

TickTockMan

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 01:50 pm
@Lily,
Lily;124405 wrote:
Hmm. I alway tell people that I'm going to marry someone rich, but we'll see about that...

If you marry for money, you will earn it.
So I have heard, anyway.

Magnus phil

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:12 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;123812 wrote:
I may be learning to ride horses soon.
I know i would wish it so.
Sometimes we can do more than wish, sometimes wishes can come true.
What are those dreams you have always wished to wake but not had the time or the money or the insert excuse here?
Romantic things?
Swimming with dolphins, ride a certain rollercoaster, go to Disney Land, get married in Vegas, eat pastries in Paris, climb the pyramids, gondola in Venice, smoke in Amsterdam, jump out a plane, that weightless thing they do in planes, fly a kite, invent freedom or gravity while a panda bear sings you the song of its heart eating cherry pie with vanilla icecream, etc
skies not the limit anymore.

Is just having the dream enough for you?
Are you working towards fulfilling a dream?
If so what is it? and how close are you to being awake whilst it happens?

Is having a dream enough? It is better than the reality, IMO. Write about it and then do it, and then write about it again. Think all the time while you do, so you are in the moment. Take photos in your mind and write it. It sounds like you are dreaming...Ideals come from dreams, the soul. When you get excited, it's your soul being awakened.

melonkali

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:26 pm
@sometime sun,
When I was young, I was a "horse-a-holic". Now that I'm too old to ride (at least the kind of horses I enjoyed riding), we keep rescue donkeys for my equine "fix". And I often have dreams in which I am young again, flying across the fields on Jolt, my very special, one-of-a-kind equine "friend" -- his picture is still my computer desktop picture.

Sorry to report that beginning equestrians, because of their lack of knowledge, more often than not get "taken" (conned) for money OR as a "mark" on which to unload a problematic horse; or talked into clearly the "wrong" type of horse for their needs, desires and personality; or taught "as gospel" one of many styles of riding, one that is not suited to their nature; or they may impulsively choose their first horses for purely aesthetic reasons and end up (as I did) "over-mounted" (struggling with a young, extremely "spirited" and "opinionated" horse which I had no business trying to ride).

But if you are truly a natural "equine" person, once you get it right, you will find it is an essential part of "life itself".

Since I have no idea where you live, what "horsey" people you know, what experience you have, or what type of horse or riding experience you are seeking, I can only offer myself as available for more particular information via private mail, if you wish to contact me.

rebecca

sometime sun

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:30 pm
@melonkali,
melonkali;124471 wrote:
When I was young, I was a "horse-a-holic". Now that I'm too old to ride (at least the kind of horses I enjoyed riding), we keep rescue donkeys for my equine "fix". And I often have dreams in which I am young again, flying across the fields on Jolt, my very special, one-of-a-kind equine "friend" -- his picture is still my computer desktop picture.

Sorry to report that beginning equestrians, because of their lack of knowledge, more often than not get "taken" (conned) for money OR as a "mark" on which to unload a problematic horse; or talked into clearly the "wrong" type of horse for their needs, desires and personality; or taught "as gospel" one of many styles of riding, one that is not suited to their nature; or they may impulsively choose their first horses for purely aesthetic reasons and end up (as I did) "over-mounted" (struggling with a young, extremely "spirited" and "opinionated" horse which I had no business trying to ride).

But if you are truly a natural "equine" person, once you get it right, you will find it is an essential part of "life itself".

Since I have no idea where you live, what "horsey" people you know, what experience you have, or what type of horse or riding experience you are seeking, I can only offer myself as available for more particular information via private mail, if you wish to contact me.

rebecca

Thank you, will get back to you when i have made my dream reality, it may take a little longer than i had hoped due to the need for me to find someone who is going to give me the whole story not just fractured chapters.
Need money for the special shoes as well:)
Not an idle hobby, more like you have described a vocation.
Heres to the dream.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:14 pm
@sometime sun,
I loved to visit New Amsterdam, by the time I got there it was called differently. Quess my dreams are past and present as well.

I rode a horse in Oregon. So boring. It walked the same circle every day, it became a shadow of itself.

Smoking in Amsterdam is slowly being restricted.

sometime sun

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:48 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;125611 wrote:
I loved to visit New Amsterdam, by the time I got there it was called differently. Quess my dreams are past and present as well.

I rode a horse in Oregon. So boring. It walked the same circle every day, it became a shadow of itself.

Smoking in Amsterdam is slowly being restricted.

Some dreams are without restriction, and yet some because of it.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Ride a white horse.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:27:19