is there enough?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » is there enough?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 05:30 pm
Is there such a thing as to much information?

Not dealing with disinformation, or is this also a form of information, the lie that reveals the truth?

Enough is enough?

manored

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 06:43 pm
@sometime sun,
I didnt quite understand, but I think information is never excessive =)

sometime sun

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:05 pm
@manored,
manored;120029 wrote:
I didnt quite understand, but I think information is never excessive =)

So i did not give enough information to begin with?Smile

It means among other things that by the giving of personal information of that which affects/effects the self over the subject is ineffectual takes away from subject matter. Is my personal interpretaion of a law bigger or better than the subject of that law. Do i take away from it or do i add to it? Surely soemtimes personal interpretation information is better left unsaid, so as to not interfere with the integrity of the experiment?
Say that someone does not know the law, is it bigger better that i tell my interpretaion rather than lend them a book and let them make their own judgements before i give them mine and possibly taint the way they read the line of that law?
Can you give information that may take part of you or the subject away by the shedding of light where the information may be better off left in darkness?
Is ignorance ever better where total exposure can still take more away than it gives?
Just like your interpretations of this question, would it be good for me to tell you how to answer? among other things...

manored

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:37 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;120032 wrote:
So i did not give enough information to begin with?Smile

It means among other things that by the giving of personal information of that which affects/effects the self over the subject is ineffectual takes away from subject matter. Is my personal interpretaion of a law bigger or better than the subject of that law. Do i take away from it or do i add to it? Surely soemtimes personal interpretation information is better left unsaid, so as to not interfere with the integrity of the experiment?
Say that someone does not know the law, is it bigger better that i tell my interpretaion rather than lend them a book and let them make their own judgements before i give them mine and possibly taint the way they read the line of that law?
Can you give information that may take part of you or the subject away by the shedding of light where the information may be better off left in darkness?
Is ignorance ever better where total exposure can still take more away than it gives?
Just like your interpretations of this question, would it be good for me to tell you how to answer? among other things...
Ah, I get it now. I have wondered about that too. I think all information is fundamentally good, but the order is important =)

For example, you have cancer, and I have a cure of cancer, but the bottle is with you. I can tell you one phrase ever ten minutes. I have 2 phrases:

"That bottle I gave you is the cure for cancer"
"That bottle I gave you will turn you into a hideous, mindless monster witch will hunt and kill ever person in sight until shot down"

Both are usefull knowledge, but witch one should I tell you first? =)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » is there enough?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:59:49