Resolution.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:55 pm
New years resolutions anyone?
what are they that they are not put down as proof of intention and success, something to look back on and say, 'I conquered that'.

I am going to quit the smoking, there, now it shall be done.

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:59 pm
@sometime sun,
I am going to lose some weight--25-30 lbs would be ideal. I am not overweight by medical standards, but I am near that border and would like to get back to what I weighed before I went back to college. Once you hit 30, good health seems to be a greater concern.

Aedes

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:35 pm
@sometime sun,
Bout the same for me, Theaetetus. I'll tell you from personal experience that the combination of diet, exercise, malaria, and dysentery is great for weight loss.

Deckard

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 08:08 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;115421 wrote:
I am going to lose some weight--25-30 lbs would be ideal. I am not overweight by medical standards, but I am near that border and would like to get back to what I weighed before I went back to college. Once you hit 30, good health seems to be a greater concern.

True about hitting 30. In ancient times everyone died around 30. Heaven must have been beautiful then. (what's that quote from? anyone know?) Anyway, I'm about in the same situation or probably worse but I've knocked off over 10 pounds over the last month and they are staying off.

Weights and cardio don't help me lose weight but it does improve mood and tone things up of course. What has worked for me can be summed up in one word: Granola.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:22 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;115421 wrote:

Eat three square meals a day with exercise (just 20 minutes of jogging on the spot) just before the main meal and you will get results, and anything you indulge in just make sure it is worth it, make a monument of those forbidden snacks, recognise them and worship them, you will need them less with the recognition and prayer over food and what a ridiculous thing it is that we make of our stomachs.
Find something that gets you up but that you enjoy, swimming or cycling even team sports for those so inclined. But this is where the three meals a day come in, you will find with the portioning of food helps you to understand your relationship with it, try Yoga even those silly little exercise dvds work if you dont mind looking silly to just yourself, why are people embarrassed by them selves even when alone, picking someone pretty to work along with can work wonders.Smile
Sweat once a day, lose your breath just once a day preferably before your main meal which should be lunch if you want the best for your body.
Eat like a king for breakfast
A prince for lunch
and a pauper for dinner
is scientifically the best for any bodys body, you are best also if you have a little nap just after lunch, head down for 15 minutes works wonders for the concentration if you are not sleeping to much at night or to little (8 hours, little more little less) but first get that heart pumping, heats up the metabolism, your body needs the food rather than being inflicted with it.
Weights dont so much as make you lose weight as they do fule your hunger, you have to be quite strict with your self more so with weights.
But if you want to look pretty and dont eat more than you are now they may work, if you dont eat anymore.
And just remember it is more fulfilling to eat when hungry. It is good for you to be hungry once in a while.
Just make sure the hunger is not in your head.
And if all else fails start up smoking:eek:
LEARN TO COOK FOR YOURSELF, dont buy your food in constucted form, they add real bad crap. Standing up in your kitchen will have the lbs falling off.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:56 pm
@sometime sun,
Fitness and weight loss is always an excellent resolution. Too bad it's not more of a non-negotiable commitment for more people.

I've been taking and teaching martial arts at a health club for about 9 years or so now, and every year it's the same thing: Starting on about January 2, the parking lot is full and the gym is packed with new faces. Then, by about mid-March, not so much . . . .

Anyone out there have a piece of pricey exercise equipment (such as a Nordic-Track) that has since been converted into an expensive coat rack?

sometime sun

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 06:09 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;115713 wrote:
Fitness and weight loss is always an excellent resolution. Too bad it's not more of a non-negotiable commitment for more people.

I've been taking and teaching martial arts at a health club for about 9 years or so now, and every year it's the same thing: Starting on about January 2, the parking lot is full and the gym is packed with new faces. Then, by about mid-March, not so much . . . .

Anyone out there have a piece of pricey exercise equipment (such as a Nordic-Track) that has since been converted into an expensive coat rack?

Got to make it fun, some people dont find being social fun, but this means they should be more comfortable doing it alone but they are not, guess what? it is going to hurt for a little while, it hurts because your body is in trouble, it is already damaged.

And yes i use mine as an arm rest. I discovered i did not need it but for my arm to rest.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 06:16 pm
@sometime sun,
I am actually a chef at Whole Foods so I am quite competent in the kitchen. My biggest issue is that I love biking, but I hate trying to do it in the winter. It is probably time to hit up the excellent free gym I have at my college.

sometime sun

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;115718 wrote:
I am actually a chef at Whole Foods so I am quite competent in the kitchen. My biggest issue is that I love biking, but I hate trying to do it in the winter. It is probably time to hit up the excellent free gym I have at my college.

Gyms whole point is for the fat, to lose it. The fitter you are the less reason you have for being there i think. Unless professional and they are a weird bunch, but you will quickly learn of a mentality that is quite astonishing, you think you mind is working at its best now, wait till you see what a healthy body does for your better off mind.
It is a high that is close to creationing by knowing you are created.
Seriously Yoga changed my life, mind and body and spirit.
An hour a day of just breathing properly.

G-Thomson

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
@sometime sun,
I gave up on New Year resolutions.
However, I will try and be a bit more fit and healthy in the future. There's only so many chocolates one can eat at Christmas; and I've reached the maximum methinks. :Not-Impressed:

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:40:58