What mythical creature would you be?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What mythical creature would you be?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:19 pm
(I put this here for fun not necessarily inquiry, unless you want to)

What mythical creature, being, construct(includes robots i have decided) would you could you be?

Give a description of the creature and its powers and how you would use them?

You can make up your own hero if you dont know the creature but know the 'powers'.
A question like; what superpowers would you have? fits as well.
(and creatures are only villians if they use their powers for ill, so if you want to be a vampires powers you can have them, but you wont necessarily have to kill to have them, make the destinction please, does this make you not a vampire?, or is this delusion that we are only as powerful as our moral choices, and does some power only come with the selection or deletion of said morality? but you do not need to answer this, this is a fun question first, so what would could you be?)

I was goning to say no gods, but wont, but if we could keep away from omnipotence and immortality unless physicaly abled to do so and bestow.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 07:14 pm
@sometime sun,
I would be the Tetris God.

Big deal you say? Have you ever played Tetris, needed a single piece, and subsequently been dealt twenty consecutive pieces that do you absolutely no good? I rest my case. Line piece...LINE PIECE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOSdHFXdU8

Deckard

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 09:29 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I would be a huge disembodied foot.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:29 am
@Deckard,
Deckard;110763 wrote:
I would be a huge disembodied foot.

would that be to hop nowhere? or to simply squash the smaller disembodied portions?

---------- Post added 12-13-2009 at 08:02 AM ----------

Is a human being a mythical creature? Just hero perhaps?

madel

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:11 am
@sometime sun,
Smile

When I was a little girl I used to tell stories, and one of my default components was a race of fairy-like creatures I called Dusties, because they were the size of dust particles you sometimes see in the light (and looked like that without some kind of magnifier, too).

I was a weird kid, now that I remember these creatures...they were effectively Marxist muses (though I didn't know either term at the time). I don't remember how or why, but I think they travelled in bubbles that they really couldn't control very well.

In any case, I'd be one these. With an added bit tossed in: Reverse psychometry. Psychometry is the ability to touch an object and know about its past...I'd rather know about its future.

I'd also want the power to bring serenity to anyone around me by simply engaging them in conversation.

Smile

kennethamy

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:04 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;110704 wrote:

What mythical creature, being, construct(includes robots i have decided) would you could you be?

You can make up your own hero if you dont know the creature but know the 'powers'.
(and creatures are only villians if they use their powers for ill, so if you want to be a vampires powers you can have them, but you wont necessarily have to kill to have them, make the destinction please, does this make you not a vampire?, or is this delusion that we are only as powerful as our moral choices, and does some power only come with the selection or deletion of said morality? but you do not need to answer this, this is a fun question first, so what would could you be?)

I was goning to say no gods, but wont, but if we could keep away from omnipotence and immortality unless physicaly abled to do so and bestow.

I would not be any, since if I were one, I would not exist. And I don't think I would like that very much.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 12:07 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;110928 wrote:
I would not be any, since if I were one, I would not exist. And I don't think I would like that very much.

You are not telling me you have all the powers you ever imagined? more so not all the powers you could realistically have. Maybe you are.

Emphasis on the human hero.
You would still be a hero if you could , right?
You would/could still be the president if you believe it.
Now there's a mythical creature.

Or maybe I am just questioning the something power called true contentment you have?
In which case, good for you my hero.
Worth imagining what power you have that I am also capable of.

xris

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 03:29 pm
@sometime sun,
A spirit of nature , of the woods, to enjoy the seasons and remember the good times before man appeared and know they will return. To blow my pans pipes at sunset across mist clouded valleys, to remind man he is transient but we are constant.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
@xris,
xris;111006 wrote:
A spirit of nature , of the woods, to enjoy the seasons and remember the good times before man appeared and know they will return. To blow my pans pipes at sunset across mist clouded valleys, to remind man he is transient but we are constant.

Would not a community of which you are part of woodland landscape and sea creatues and beings and spirits be the absolute best?
Little fairy markets and bazzars filled with magic and competition, travelling acting troups who change into tigers and bears at night, the lone wisened woman walking at night with a lantern made of fireflies with her bunddle of rags and spells on her back and round her waist.
The bats having conversations and wars but dont go to bed angry.
The monk in his temple made for one on the highest peek with a winter garden and only the fire and his prayers keep him warm as he waits for spring and song to come and nirvana.

(wait a minute that may alreday be the case, dont know, as the sun sets and moon rises)

3k1yp2

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 09:21 pm
@sometime sun,
i would be cyborg-ninja-elemental-titan who rides a bear and/or wolf and/or dragon and can spit lightning and/or fire.

---------- Post added 12-19-2009 at 09:25 PM ----------

VideCorSpoon;110724 wrote:
I would be the Tetris God.

Big deal you say? Have you ever played Tetris, needed a single piece, and subsequently been dealt twenty consecutive pieces that do you absolutely no good? I rest my case. Line piece...LINE PIECE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOSdHFXdU8

luv this idea, maybe you can give me 20 pieces i DO need? i would prefer 20 square pieces. Very Happy

Fido

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:00 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;110704 wrote:

I want to be one of those mean little man monkeys...There is nothing they will dare, and no God they not spit in the face of... I want to be one of those...

sometime sun

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:56 pm
@Fido,
Fido;112863 wrote:
I want to be one of those mean little man monkeys...There is nothing they will dare, and no God they not spit in the face of... I want to be one of those...

We are only monkeys if we do not know God, so your wish may be achievable if not already achieved.
But the fact you still think there is a God worth your spittle funny as it sounds still gives you hope and chance to be your dreams desire, be that an irrate little chimp if that is all you dream hope.Very Happy
Our hopes are what makes us worth being more.

Fido

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 11:34 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;112879 wrote:
We are only monkeys if we do not know God, so your wish may be achievable if not already achieved.
But the fact you still think there is a God worth your spittle funny as it sounds still gives you hope and chance to be your dreams desire, be that an irrate little chimp if that is all you dream hope.Very Happy
Our hopes are what makes us worth being more.

I never met the fellow, but if he is riding my load he can get off and push...

Man is God without the power and prestege...No matter how stupid we get, we just can't get no respect...That reminds me of a joke...

sometime sun

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 12:02 am
@Fido,
Fido;112890 wrote:
I never met the fellow, but if he is riding my load he can get off and push...

Man is God without the power and prestege...No matter how stupid we get, we just can't get no respect...That reminds me of a joke...

If you ask nicely and fling your crap at yourself as well as him i am sure he will carry at least part of that load, carry at least a part of you, especially the stinky part, Very Happy
just by the asking

'give a little respect tooooooo me'

At least you use an 'if'

mister kitten

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:23 am
@sometime sun,
If I had to have a purpose......I would be a sort of living mirror, reflecting people's souls back for them to see in a different pair of shoes. Oh I could create a bit of mischief with that.

If I didn't have to have a purpose.......I would be a shape-shifter. My original form would be my present self. I could shapeshift into a cat, and a sort of dragon/bird I'm too tired to describe. I can also turn invisible and visible at any moment in any form. and teleport. I can die, but only when all forms agree that it is time-because I have the choice (I can live longer than a huuuuuuman) of when

3k1yp2

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 01:07 pm
@mister kitten,
:shocked:how bout the god of light? then i could focus it to make pancakes, diffract it around corners to see around things, or bend light around me to be invisible. i would also be able to teleport, so if i keep teleporting in small bursts forward, it would be like flying. heh heh. works for me...i could have a magic show or something...

sarek

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 03:55 pm
@sometime sun,
I would want to be Ganesha, god of wisdom and learning. A being without much power but in the end wisdom will conquer everything.

sometime sun

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:11 pm
@sarek,
sarek;114243 wrote:
I would want to be Ganesha, god of wisdom and learning. A being without much power but in the end wisdom will conquer everything.

Does Ganesha have all the wisdom? has the god traveled all the ways of universe opened all the doors so as to become wise or is it that the god just knows how to learn and to teach? but does not necesssarliy know the answers to all the question, just knows what it takes to answer them?
Would you want to know All over being able to show how all can come to truths door and knock?

Fido

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:26 pm
@sometime sun,
Why not Juggernaut, Lord of the Universe...

sometime sun

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:35 pm
@Fido,
Fido;114274 wrote:
Why not Juggernaut, Lord of the Universe...

Why not indeed, but to be Lord means you would have to own the universe.
Does Juggernaut own me also?
Does the universe own me, or do i own the universe, either one making me Lord at all?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What mythical creature would you be?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:38:24