De-evolution

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:29 pm
De-evolution or is that just devolution?
(Give me the facts people)

Concidering we accept evolution our current, our correct, our conquer(or), our curriculum.
Have we veered?
Have we doused our station or found new land that shakes and flounders.
No founder to be made because it has now come to subside to dive, to divide and go backwards.Where once was reliable advancements.
Is it, are we receding?
Will we drown, having once been upon more steady footing?
Drown in what has gone down before.
(Or has it never happened till its happening?)
Quasi; 1 to some extent, virtually 2 in many respects similar to, virtual 3 seeming or seemingly, but not actually so: from Latin quasi, as if.
Quasi evolution by parameters of time alone and no more advancement other than by times travel rather than learned by but no longer translatable previous experience journey.
Am i upset about nothing?
Is it just me that things have become more predicatable and things are not just a rehash of what has already happened, are not things becoming simpler (not minimalist for all that bastardisation) simple, funny but not quite as funny, interesting but not quite as interesting.
Predicatable i suppose is what i am saying or asking.
None of this 'it's all been done before' crap, are we degenerating?
Do we need to devolve in order to correct and move further on, hoping it is a phase rather than a state, a present, a wasted reality.
Are we wasting our time?
Or is our time being wasted?

---------- Post added 11-22-2009 at 04:29 AM ----------

On our species evolution, our shared evolution rather than the singualr personal evolution.
Or is the fact i find it simple mean i am making a judgement based on personal rather than personnel?

Aedes

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 11:19 pm
@sometime sun,
Is this a poem?

If there is a philosophical or a scientific question here, it would be helpful if you'd rephrase it more clearly and openly.

sometime sun;105044 wrote:
Is it just me that things have become more predicatable and things are not just a rehash of what has already happened, are not things becoming simpler
Like what?

jgweed

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:26 am
@sometime sun,
"Evolution" has many different meanings, depending upon the horizon from which you are speaking or thinking. Conflating the different meanings of the same word does not, I fear, lead to anything other than confusion, and makes answering any question extremely difficult.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 04:41 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;105070 wrote:
Is this a poem?

If there is a philosophical or a scientific question here, it would be helpful if you'd rephrase it more clearly and openly.

Like what?

It may be in part at least prose.

What is devolution?
Does it exist?
And are we currently in its sway?

Are people just not trying anymore?
Is evolution information?
And the adverse of this misinformation?

Have the majority rule (on evoluton of evolution) started to become complacent with the informative we give, therei n turn receive?
Have we stopped searching/correcting/evolving?
Has the individual disintergrated/disinterested/disillusioned/disinclined/disincentived/disharmony/dishevlled ridden society come to be what humankind is?
To agree that evolution is growth, change, gererative.
Has the term and distinction 'evolution' lost its good intent?
Is our evolution participation?
Less participation in the case of individualism mean less evolution?

Evolution being physical also, has our sedentary devolved us or just sent us in a not altogether sencible path or direction of evolutions?
Do we have control over our physical and mental evolution?
Is it all evolutions plan (or ours?), putting in place evoutions omnipresence as more than mere situation?

Is humankind all evolving together or are some parts/sects evolving at different pace and placement in evolutionary scale?
Is there on unifying scale of measurement to evolution?
Am I more or less evolved than you?

As a whole species about evolution.
Am I caught up with your evolution?
And if unifyed under one banner, are we veering away from success under said one banner?
Is the perceived devolution/deviation (not just by me as i heard it from someone else) because we are not taking advantage of what we have in the past, once taking a more forceful approach to what we as a human kind wish to achieve?
(Are we infact doing just fine?)
Did we ever work harder?
Have we given up? (like this has changed)

Do we expect doom so much that we still insist we are living the end of day?.

If the notion of devolution is proved correct, does this prove we have given up?

"prdeicatable rehash"
'Like what?'
All media, including but not inclusive, art, film, news, information, comedy, music, politics, architecture, television etc.
This is of course a generalisation of a list, but it is still general.
And there are good examples as well of all these things, but not wide spread, say it with me "'general'", it is the common occurrence, the norm
is this predictable rehash. The shared evolution or devolution of the masses, those who buy art, watch the films, laugh at the jokes, put the song in the charts, vote.
Not everyone is that busy to not ask, to find out the exceptions to the rule.
Take a look around this place, this forum, this place could should be heaving, we should could be meeeting maximun occupancy.

This is not supposed to be a judgement upon popular culture, the general populace, the common man, because easy things are pleasant?
I know the seemingly judgement of mine in asking what something is, i know it is a reflection upon me for not looking digging deeper that i seem to find this unenamoured disconnection. And not finding easily my contentment i wish for.

So i do find alot that that gives me great pause for the miracle and hope and inspiration of this incredible world and its artists, musicians, directors, journalists, polititians, comedians, architects, scientists, philosophers, poets, sages, kings, queens, knights, ministers, gurus, saints and saviours, unrecognised and unloved, i have to seek them out, they are aren't like so much waste right infront of me
however i heard this term devolution and it worries me, that i am not digging nearly deep enough and that this smaller community/sect does not seem to be able to reach out and show this beauty and majesty to the masses. what can so easily (or not?) be found, experienced, illuminated.

When i look around me, single though i may be i find a lack of intention.
But this is just me, and as i also ask, is evolution only ever a singular event when it comes to humankinds over riding current?

Must we swim alone?
That's what we did, we swam.
Have we stopped swimming?
Has the current changed?
and will we drown first in our own and then combinual tumultuous evolutionary waters, earth fire and wind?

Or is evolution the one thing that makes us resilient and bouyant no matter how we individualy and combinually f**k it up?

Aedes

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 08:24 pm
@sometime sun,
There is genetic evolution, which is the underlying process behind species evolution and phenotype evolution. By definition there can be no "devolution", because evolution is simply change over time (whether for the better or for the worse). Even if (for instance) all genetic innovations in our generation disappeared and the next generation were genetically identical to our parents', that would still be evolution.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:07:26