Distance learning program in philosophy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Distance learning program in philosophy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

etronis

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:32 pm
Hi all,

I am currently looking for any good school that offers online masters in philosophy? Every advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Etronis

kennethamy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:07 pm
@etronis,
etronis;99887 wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently looking for any good school that offers online masters in philosophy? Every advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Etronis

But why do you want a degree in philosophy, may I ask?

etronis

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:03 pm
@kennethamy,
Of course you may ask. I have two masters, MBA and MSF and an established career in finance. I want to do this just for my own gratification.

Justin

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:13 pm
@etronis,
etronis;99926 wrote:
Of course you may ask. I have two masters, MBA and MSF and an established career in finance. I want to do this just for my own gratification.

Send me $100 and I'll get it printed up for you. :whistling: On a serious note, I've moved this thread into general discussion since this is by no means an introduction thread.

etronis

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 06:45 pm
@Justin,
Ok, thanks. Hopefully I'll get some responses. It wasn't meant to be an introduction thread.

kennethamy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 12:42 am
@etronis,
etronis;99926 wrote:

I see, and yet, I don't see. Why do you want formal training in philosophy? Is there some particular kind of philosophy you are especially interested in? I think that some places may give online courses. But whether a reputable institution will give a degree, I really do not know. Probably, the best way is to write to some institutions and ask. Or, first go to their sites. Or, write to the chairs of their philosophy departments.

Good luck.

etronis

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 11:05 am
@kennethamy,
Thanks for the suggestion. Without going into the details of formal vs. informal training, I am a believer of the former. Ethics might be a branch I want to explore, as relevant as they are, especially in today's corporate world. Even thought often their application becomes just a mere contradiction of the very nature of corporate existence. I did some research and found a few traditional universities offering masters degrees in philosophy via distance learning, provided that some undergrad courses might need to be taken: Univ. of Illinois or Univ. of Wales (UK). Univ of London offers BA.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Distance learning program in philosophy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:36:21