What's your favorite sandwich?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What's your favorite sandwich?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

William

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 04:28 pm
Ha! I thought I might change the mood a little and bring up a subject that is dear to my heart: the sandwich. Other than peanut butter (an addiction) and jelly, what is your favorite?

Right now I am experimenting with rye bread and just what goes good with it. I built me a pastrami, sauerkraut and muenster cheese with mayonnaise and horseradish mustard (hot). I am using Jewish rye and Russian rye (with seeds) though I do like the dark rye as well, though it is not as strong as the seeded variety. It's kinda like a pastrami Rueben without the corned beef. What am I missing?

If anyone knows what to add, I would like to know what it would be? So for a break, who can come up with the best sandwich, in their opinion, and tell us how you prepare it. :looking:
Thanks,

William

sometime sun

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 05:04 pm
@William,
You are missing a water vegetable such as lettuce lots with crunch (cos) or a good solid yet still wet plumb tomato or just coming up to ripe cherry tomatos sliced. But only one of them as rye has a tendency to split so i would go for the lettuce because it acts as another level to rest the othe contingents upon.

The best sandwich i ever had was cold sliced beef joint in a sub like bread (poppy seed), with sliced pickled beetroot and surprising addage was cold sliced new potatoes, with butter and with mustard (Hot) and even a touch of mayo or even ketchup if combined with the mustard.

Another nice one is wholegrain pita bread opened and lightly toasted after stuffing (this is a delicate affair) with grilled bacon (crispy) with lettuce melted cheese (mozzarella) and tomato or cucumber even slightly heated onions not fried. Mustard in all but mild with this and brown sauce.

William

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 06:26 pm
@William,
So you think lettuce, such as Iceberg or romaine would be better than the sauerkraut?
Your last two, I will try as soon as you tell me what beetroot is. Are you talking about red beets? Raw potatoes? Hmm? Really thin? What kind of brown sauce? Do you mean "gravy"?

Thanks Sun

William

manored

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 03:54 pm
@William,
I dont like complicating things unless im complicating things for the fun of complicating things (Aka: Playing games) so all my sandwichs have is cheese and ham =)

However the sandwich is heated in a special machine until it starts making that "clacking" sound quite loudly (seens to be at the best of the taste in this point) that, I believe, its caused by the melting cheese, and then split in two (In the diagonal that the machines leaves on it) for easier eating (If you split it in two you can eat with one hand: Yay! )

Eating/drinking something chocolate flavored before a sandwich seens to make the sandwich taste better and makes you want to eat it more, for some reason. Maybe thats only for me though.

sometime sun

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 05:09 pm
@manored,
Yes pickled red beets (more like purple) and you have to have cooked the potatos, possibly just underdone them, and the brown sause i spoke of is a spiced brown sause that the Brits have on most of their bacon butties (sandwiches) Daddies is a good one and classic, but me thinks that a touch of gravy would go well with the beef sanwhich.
As long as you have a good mustard you dont need so much sauerkraut and if you had the tomatos aswell you really wouldn't need anything so wet as sauerkraut. But as you like it hot from the sounds you should add another mustard such as wholegrain or french in addition to the hot yellow english mustard.

jgweed

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 05:37 pm
@William,
I prefer a simple roast beef and Swiss cheese on rye with just the right amount of mayonnaise and perhaps some lettuce.

validity

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 01:53 am
@William,
Banana, peanut butter and honey always does it for me. Do not know why but it works best with margarine and not butter. When I want comfy time, I like a good chocolate mud-cake sandwich (on white bread with butter).

I agree with sometime sun in the "add some water vegetable". Perhaps try lebanese cucumber.

Lily

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:10 am
@William,
ham! I only need ham and butter, but sometimes for dinner, we have salmon and sallad on. That's nice!

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:47 am
@William,
I love an Italian sandwich on foccacia bread. Pepperoni, salami, ham, and provolone cheese topped with romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, and banana peppers with a splash of a good vinaigrette is the way to go. Another favorite I have stumbled across is this Bavarian sandwich we have at my work with ham, brie cheese, mustard, onion, tomato, and lettuce.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What's your favorite sandwich?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:43:14