My Philsophy By Caroline Biddle

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My Philsophy By Caroline Biddle

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 02:48 am
If there is no need for hate then don't give it, if there is no need for love then give it, see what happens it might surprise you.
Thanks and that's all folks.

---------- Post added 09-19-2009 at 03:55 AM ----------

And work hard at it because remember nothing is worth having if it's easy, quote from Scrubs on American TV, a ok.

Catchabula

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:17 am
@Caroline,
There is never a need for hate Caroline, and there's always a need for Love. And there is too much hate around and too few love. But that's definitely not because love is too often given. If it were more often given it would begin to grow, and soon surpass all the masses of hate in the world.

Caroline

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:49 pm
@Caroline,
That was brilliantly put Philippe, you sir have a brilliant mind but sometimes there is a need to hate, when someone hates you for no reason.
Thanks.

Caroline

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 03:04 pm
@Caroline,
And sometimes there is no need to give one love when another does not give love back.
Thank You and God Bless.

Shlomo

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 12:48 am
@Caroline,
If you trade love for love, it is not much different from trading love for money.
If you return hate for hate, you damage yourself because hate becomes your property.

Krumple

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:40 am
@Caroline,
Well what about if there is too much love going around that it loses its meaning or value? I think we cherish love because it is a rarity but if it were spread more commonly people might grow tired or indifferent to it. A new type of rebellion would happen.

Imagine everyone being nice and respectful to each other. There would come a moment when the opposite, a rude comment would stick out and people would be in awe of it. Eventually it would become the new norm since it is rare.

Caroline

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:44 am
@Caroline,
No you give love to receive love not trade, love is not a bartering tool, it should be shared among equals.
thanks
And peace out.

Krumple

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 01:57 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;92153 wrote:
No you give love to receive love not trade, love is not a bartering tool, it should be shared among equals.
thanks
And peace out.

I am not talking about trading or bartering. I am saying if everyone was expressing love more than now, going extreme and saying everyone is doing it. It would cheapen it, because it would be so common. I am saying the reason we put such a high value on love is because you don't see it very often. You see people being rude or mean or callus to others but when you see someone being respectful or polite it sticks out. I feel just the opposite would happen if things were reversed. If everyone was nice, considerate and thoughtful people would become complacent with seeing it. So when someone did something rude people would be awed by it. Perhaps it would become the new trendy thing to do.

Caroline

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 02:05 am
@Caroline,
Why go extreme, who said anything about extreme, pray tell;) It's a question of balance between the two, im not debating this thread anymore because I've said all of this in my previous posts go use the search forums button.
Thanks.
And it is now closed.

Elmud

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 01:05 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;91972 wrote:
And sometimes there is no need to give one love when another does not give love back.
Thank You and God Bless.

I guess If one expects love in return,,,then it probably isn't real love at all. Everyone expects love in return but,,,that expectation does make it conditional.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My Philsophy By Caroline Biddle
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:46:32