My Dark Side

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

peter74

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 05:21 pm
At times when I'm feeling cynical, deep down I feel that it would be a better world if everyone deferred to my opinion. That my opinion is the only one that matters and that freedom of speech is irrelevant.

Anyone else get these delusions of god-hood?

Krumple

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 08:03 pm
@peter74,
peter74;90442 wrote:
At times when I'm feeling cynical, deep down I feel that it would be a better world if everyone deferred to my opinion. That my opinion is the only one that matters and that freedom of speech is irrelevant.

What exactly is your opinion? Because you might be right. :surrender:

richrf

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 09:22 pm
@peter74,
peter74;90442 wrote:

I wouldn't say I have these feelings. But I think it is healthy to see all aspects of oneself and even to articulate them.

Rich

rhinogrey

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 09:23 pm
@peter74,
My dark side is much more twisted than that, consider yourself lucky.

Pangloss

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 10:43 pm
@peter74,
peter74;90442 wrote:

Suffering from hubris?

Herodotus wrote:

"Seest thou how God with his lightning smites always the bigger animals, and will not suffer them to wax insolent, while those of a lesser bulk chafe him not? How likewise his bolts fall ever on the highest houses and the tallest trees? So plainly does He love to bring down everything that exalts itself. Thus ofttimes a mighty host is discomfited by a few men, when God in his jealousy sends fear or storm from heaven, and they perish in a way unworthy of them. For God allows no one to have high thoughts but Himself."

Taboo Fixation

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 03:06 pm
@peter74,
I think a lot of people feel that way. If not well... I definitely do. All the time. It's not even when I'm feeling down or angry. No. All the time. Even now.

Octal

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:16 pm
@Taboo Fixation,
Why would have opinions if you didn't think they are right? So thus everyone should follow exactly what your opinions are.

If one accepts one's owns opinions as merely opinions, then they clearly don't believe what they believe.

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:20 pm
@Octal,
Your opinion is the only one that matters, isn't it your opinion that normally other people's opinions matters?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:58:42