1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » i am confused

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arya

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:13 pm
Hi everybody ,,,how are you i wish all of u are fine

Forum members please i need your comments

People who around me always call me with [complicated girl] [strange girl] I cannot understand why? maybe because I am not social but not introvert ,,, but I deal with people normally like anyone ,,, I am very reticent, quiet I don't like to talk to much ,,,, but I not always quiet I talk to some extend ,, the good things in my view are bad in people view ,,, and the bad things in my view are good in their view ,,, I very worry and upset I don't know am I normal or not ?

Caroline

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:16 pm
@Arya,
You're perfectly normal, I was like you and still am, your confidence will grow as you do. There is nothing wrong with you, all those things you mention are fine qualities, you're just different and that is a good thing.

Lily

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:28 pm
@Arya,
Honestly, I think many young philosophers feel like you. I'm also a bit strange in other peoples eyes, and sometimes it really hurts, and sometimes I don't really care. As long as you are happy with yourself it's okey. Most people are not like you and me, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. You might grow out of it, you might not, but I don't think that it matters. But life has taught me that sometimes it's best just to be quiet and agree with others. Just try to learn the social "laws" and work with, or around, them.

Arya

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:53 pm
@Arya,
Caroline

Thank you for this nice reply,,, you really made me feel comfortable because you told me that i am normal Smile thank you again and again

Lily

thank you very much for this reply ,, I am not saying this just to compliment but really i feel confidence because you support me and because at least there are people similar to me ,, and thank u for this advice i am going to read about it soon !!

Caroline

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:55 pm
@Arya,
You're welcome, it is a pleasure. Im sending you a friend request. I would be pleased if you accept. Thank you.

Arya

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:13 pm
@Caroline,
And it is a pleasure to me too,, to accept ur request ,,,done

manored

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 04:29 pm
@Arya,
Being different is a gift, not a curse. Be happy =)

And if you dont like the idea of being different, just remember that sanity is relative. You can just claim that the world is weird, not you =)

Arya

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 04:59 pm
@manored,
manored
the problem here is that people not seeing me complicated because i am diffrent they are looking that from nagtive side ,,, i feel like that i came from another planet ,,,,, anyway thank u brother

Caroline

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 05:25 pm
@Arya,
Arya;81819 wrote:
,,, i feel like that i came from another planet ,,,,,
Ha, I know that feeling!

mister kitten

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 10:34 pm
@Arya,
Arya;81790 wrote:

People who around me always call me with [complicated girl] [strange girl] I cannot understand why? maybe because I am not social but not introvert ,,, but I deal with people normally like anyone ,,, I am very reticent, quiet I don't like to talk to much ,,,, but I not always quiet I talk to some extend ,, the good things in my view are bad in people view ,,, and the bad things in my view are good in their view ,,, I very worry and upset I don't know am I normal or not ?

Hello Arya.
I can assure you that you are perfectly normal. Who's to say you're not? When people call me 'strange', 'weird', 'gay' (I hate it when people use 'gay' like that.), etc. I just shake it off and live my day. If the 'people' bother you just ignore them. And, you know, you can start your day over whenever you'd like; as my math teacher always says. I'm like you, I don't talk that much either.

XX. Remember that it is not he who reviles you or strikes you, who insults you, but it is your opinion about these things as being insulting. When then a man irritates you, you must know that it is your own opinion which has irritated you. Therefore especially try not to be carried away by the appearance. For if you once gain time and delay, you will more easily master yourself.
-Epictetus. The Enchiridon

hammersklavier

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 10:43 pm
@Arya,
Arya;81790 wrote:

I think it's because you're posting on this forum! Very Happy :a-ok:

No, but seriously, I've long noticed a trend towards the ideal American femininity being mainly concentrated on looks rather than brains; the ideal beauty in our society these days is perceived as somebody with a nice rack but very low IQ. If you can hold forth in intellectual conversation, if you have developed complex, well-thought-out viewpoints on matters, if you hold to a system of ethics you've developed yourself, these are impressive feats, and well beyond the ken of the so-called 'pretty women', and (in my experience, at least, speaking as a fellow nerd) when they don't understand something oftentmes they respond by being callow and boorish. Don't let it get you down--always be yourself and people who like you for who you really are will be attracted to you. These are the friends you'll become thick as thieves with.

P.S. Chinese?

Note to Justin (if I forget): Some emoticon images aren't coming up under the Compose Message box.

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 10:13 am
@Arya,
if i had to care about all the crap ppl talk to me about or tell me about I would have virtually eaten myself inside out. I suggest live ur life they way you feel happy. ppl well always talk, you can shut the gate of hell but you can never shut the mouth of the ppl around u.

manored

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:19 am
@Arya,
Arya;81819 wrote:
manored
the problem here is that people not seeing me complicated because i am diffrent they are looking that from nagtive side ,,, i feel like that i came from another planet ,,,,, anyway thank u brother
Nevermind them, people that dont like you are usually people you wouldnt like either =)

Arya

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 04:14 pm
@manored,
Caroline
This sound to me we have identical personality !! its really very strange feeling when someone you like him tell this

Mister kitten
god bless you brother ,,, your story is worse then my ,, I know this ,, but really really ur strong and you have very nice opinion and reaction toward these people ,, I will keep ur advice on mind mister ,,, and remebr always be strong as ur
thank u very much ur reply give me some power and push thank u dear

hammersklavier
actually I have no comment for ur reply ,,, because unfortunately its right to some extend ,,, but why don't they leave people believe on what they believe why they are throwing these names on me :s :s :s
I am not Chinese,, but I love Chinese peoples Smile
Thank you brother for giving me the time to reply thank u very much

Daleader
Your absolutely right ,, , we have a quote said [ satisfying people is unreachable]

Caroline

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 04:33 pm
@Arya,
Arya;81948 wrote:
Caroline

This sound to me we have identical personality

Yes I thought so too!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Arya;81948],, but why don't they leave people believe on what they believe why they are throwing these names on me :s :s :s[/quote]
Because some people are not very nice or they've got problems and take it out on others, I can assure you Arya it's not you.

mister kitten

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 06:18 pm
@Arya,
You are very welcome Arya.
I'm glad to have helped.
Sticks and stones.... Smile
Peace

Lily

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:49 am
@Arya,
What I really like about this forum is that people, most of the time, are so friendly! Smile It's nice to know that I'm not the only philosopher left on the face of the earth

Arya

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:06 am
@Lily,
Caroline
Quote:
Because some people are not very nice or they've got problems and take it out on others, I can assure you Arya it's not you

Yes your right I am now absolutely convinced that I am normal after all these sweet replies

Mister kitten
And I am glad to see you again mister ,,,, all regards to you

Lily
I agree with you lily ,people in this forum are so lovely and kind and your one of these people , and remember sister there are many people who are like this but maybe they don't know how or where to express their feeling ,, thanks god that we have this gift the gift which called [ philosophy forum ] ,,best regards to you sister

kennethamy

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 09:08 am
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;81849 wrote:
Hello Arya.
I can assure you that you are perfectly normal. Who's to say you're not? When people call me 'strange', 'weird', 'gay' (I hate it when people use 'gay' like that.), etc. I just shake it off and live my day. If the 'people' bother you just ignore them. And, you know, you can start your day over whenever you'd like; as my math teacher always says. I'm like you, I don't talk that much either.

XX. Remember that it is not he who reviles you or strikes you, who insults you, but it is your opinion about these things as being insulting. When then a man irritates you, you must know that it is your own opinion which has irritated you. Therefore especially try not to be carried away by the appearance. For if you once gain time and delay, you will more easily master yourself.
-Epictetus. The Enchiridon

You are probably right, but really, you cannot tell from what you know.

mister kitten

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:34 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;82087 wrote:
You are probably right, but really, you cannot tell from what you know.

Can we be sure of anything from what we know? If I knew Arya in person and she came to me proposing this problem I'd say the same thing as I did before.

I wonder... why go after me Kenneth? Hmmmmmmm?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » i am confused
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 03:00:26