Tattoo Ideas

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 06:36 pm
Alright, I got my first tattoo. It was the Ama-gi on my forearm if you are interested.

Now I've got the bug, but I am only interested in tattoos for their meaning first and appearance a distant second.

Some of you jokers got an idea of my opinions, shoot me some tattoo ideas.

Imnotrussian

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 07:08 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
I wont get tattooed until my designs are complete, if you want meaning and not some generic bollucks that some guy has 2 countries over then design your own, signature and everything, then you have a completely original tattoo. I am getting a whole back piece of the gates of hell tearing open and planet earth spiralling up my arm. If you want inspiration...

YouTube - Coheed and Cambria- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

my favourite song.

SJoseph

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 03:27 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
I have "Reverie" on my right side and "Lucidity" on my left. (from underarm to pelvis bone) Basically meaning "Lost in thought" and the other "clear minded".

Don't fall into the stereotype of "being addicted to tattoos", it's only going to lead to getting more and more pointless pieces. I plan on waiting several years before I get another one, if I get another.

I wanted this as a large back piece for a long time, but decided against it.
Gustav Dore's "Empyrean" from Dante's A Divine Comedy. Empyrean is the highest heaven, as Dante sees it. (God as "fire" or light energy in the middle, with the highest angels around him, and Dante with his love Beatrice gazing.
I'm not religious, but every time I see this picture I get lost in it:

http://rosaecruz.no.sapo.pt/MEcclesia/symbols/Dore-empyrean.jpg

GoshisDead

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 04:58 pm
@SJoseph,
Joseph:
I do understand the need for symmetry in tattoos. I have one i designed myself on my left calf and have felt uneven for three years, going to get another self designed on of similar design and style on the right, for balance. YAY for OCD!

xris

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:22 pm
@GoshisDead,
The only one i admired was the cats ass as a belly button.Most date within years.My son has numerous ones and his Celtic bands are quickly becoming old hat.I think they have to be individual ,his saint Rosalie, the Sicilian patron saint is his best.I dont think you can be advised,it has to be personnel to you.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 01:03 pm
@xris,
Yeah. I was careful in picking out the first tattoo.

The Ama-gi is a pretty unique symbol and you do not see very many tattoos in cuneiform.

I'm kinda wanting a scene that wraps around my bicep.

xris

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 01:13 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
Mr. Fight the Power;78455 wrote:
Yeah. I was careful in picking out the first tattoo.

The Ama-gi is a pretty unique symbol and you do not see very many tattoos in cuneiform.

I'm kinda wanting a scene that wraps around my bicep.
just make sure it ain't transient.Say if someone found your body and you needed to convey what is the real you,bit like the space probes.Mine would be a bottle of red wine and photo's of my kids.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:35:45