What were the 3 most special events in your life that you remember?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What were the 3 most special events in your life that you remember?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Ahhhhhz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:52 am
This is another question posed to me which gave me pause, because I had to exclude so many other events. Can you boil it down to just 3?

salima

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:32 am
@Ahhhhhz,
dont even have to think about it!
the birth of my son....
my first divorce
my second divorce
which all three i am sure will be superseded by the event of death

uh, you werent looking for only serious answers, were you?

Ahhhhhz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:42 am
@salima,
salima;72733 wrote:
the birth of my son....
my first divorce
my second divorce

I was looking for serious answers. But serious answers can be discerned underlying humor. Smile Thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

salima;72733 wrote:
the birth of my son....
my first divorce
my second divorce

I had to think very hard about it because of events I had to exclude. Mine are these:

1. Having my baby boy crown and deliver into my hands underwater in a birthing pool in the basement of my house.
2. Living in the Olympic Nat'l. Rainforest for 4-5 months with minimal supplies and learning to eat what grew there.
3. Being pronounced terminally ill and the attendant epiphanies that followed.

salima

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:52 am
@Ahhhhhz,
good point-very observant.
anyway if i try and think about any other answers, i must have been serious because nothing else really comes to mind.
'most special' isnt quite it...maybe most outstanding.
but i am really looking forward to death. kind of promises to change things in a way that you can never undo-seeing as i dont subscribe to reincarnation.

i hope someone else comes up with something more interesting!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

how funny-your merged post showed up after i shot mine off into space, so i only just now see it. sounds as if i think we are BOTH uninteresting....this used to happen to me in chat all the time, it was hilarious

damn, everyone is getting terminally ill before i am...

Ahhhhhz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:04 am
@salima,
salima;72744 wrote:
good point-very observant.
anyway if i try and think about any other answers, i must have been serious because nothing else really comes to mind.
'most special' isnt quite it...maybe most outstanding.
but i am really looking forward to death. kind of promises to change things in a way that you can never undo-seeing as i dont subscribe to reincarnation.

i hope someone else comes up with something more interesting!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

how funny-your merged post showed up after i shot mine off into space, so i only just now see it. sounds as if i think we are BOTH uninteresting....this used to happen to me in chat all the time, it was hilarious

damn, everyone is getting terminally ill before i am...

When I thought about the question, I considered what stories I have told most often...thus they must involve events that were most special or outstanding to me. BTW, we are all terminal. Just so happens that some of us are reminded in a specific way with a specific deadline, so to speak. My specifically prognosed deadline was '93-'94.

xris

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 01:30 pm
@Ahhhhhz,
I have more than three so i cant answer.How do you place a child's birth above the realisation that my family and friends visit me as they die.The joy of a new child or the passing of a loved one what is more significant?

Ahhhhhz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 01:56 pm
@xris,
xris;72786 wrote:
I have more than three so i cant answer.How do you place a child's birth above the realisation that my family and friends visit me as they die.The joy of a new child or the passing of a loved one what is more significant?

That's the real "rub" of the question. While not nearly as dire, it is kind of like who you choose to be saved in a lifeboat of small capacity when an ocean liner is sinking. Like I said, the only way I could possibly narrow it to 3 was to think back on what stories I have told most often to new people I have met. The fact that I told those stories most often decided, by default, what events were obviously most memorable, special, or life-changing to me. I had to exclude the birth of my older daughter many years ago because I didn't have much involvement with her birth...at least not on that particular day. Smile

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 01:57 am
@Ahhhhhz,
1) My birth
2) My life
3) My death

Ahhhhhz

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 08:21 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;73295 wrote:
1) My birth
2) My life
3) My death

You remember your birth and death? What were the 3 most special in your life that you remember?

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:22 am
@Ahhhhhz,
Ahhhhhz;73344 wrote:
You remember your birth and death? What were the 3 most special in your life that you remember?

I want to visit you in Kansas, then my life would have meaning! What wild animals do you have there, over here I must be careful of not being eaten by a raging lion.

New list

1) Visit Kansas :bigsmile:
2) Learn from the great teacher Smile
3) Die a peaceful death Smile

Ahhhhhz

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 12:10 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;73367 wrote:
I want to visit you in Kansas, then my life would have meaning! What wild animals do you have there, over here I must be careful of not being eaten by a raging lion.

New list

1) Visit Kansas :bigsmile:
2) Learn from the great teacher Smile
3) Die a peaceful death Smile

The feeling is mutual. I value learning from you and others. Also, I want to visit South Africa. Dated a lady for a while that was from there who was raised at a resort her parents owned and operated on the coast...but, alas, I never made the trip with her and I regret it. My life would have definitely taken on added meaning if I could spend time on those pristine white beaches.

No lions here, but I do risk being shot or blown up by far-right-wing extremists. One could consider some of those to be "wild animals." :bigsmile:

Elmud

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 02:31 pm
@Ahhhhhz,
Ahhhhhz;72720 wrote:
This is another question posed to me which gave me pause, because I had to exclude so many other events. Can you boil it down to just 3?
I have three daughters. Other than that, only one other thing comes to mind.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

salima;72733 wrote:
the birth of my son....
my first divorce
my second divorce

Not a whole lot of luck in the matrimony game eh Salima?lol

salima

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 05:33 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud;73415 wrote:
I have three daughters. Other than that, only one other thing comes to mind.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Not a whole lot of luck in the matrimony game eh Salima?lol

i consider myself lucky to be out of it! i got pretty good at divorce though, the second time i didnt even get a lawyer, i drew up my own papers and filed them myself.

Aedes

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 05:30 pm
@Ahhhhhz,
I can't boil my son's birth alone down to the most special moment -- because every other moment we've had in the last 15 months has been just as special. I was tickling his belly when I was getting him ready for bed just an hour ago, and he was laughing and laughing in this little baby laugh -- and while it may not be as momentous as his birth, it's just as special. Life seems to go slower, more peacefully, if it's not simply a string between events, if you know what I mean.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 05:47 pm
@Ahhhhhz,
1. Dropping out of high school.
2. Drunk driving.
3. Going back to school.

The reason why they are so special is that they totally changed my direction in life. Sure, the first two were not good things, but without either I would either be dead or a total jacka$$.

William

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 05:50 pm
@Ahhhhhz,
1. Hearing the words.."...don't go changing to try and please me, you've never let me down before".
2. Witnessing a comet from the cockpit of a Mac 10 transport coming home from Viet Nam.
3. One starry night observing a halo around a full moon that was directly over my head.

Plus witnessing literally thousands of events that can only be described as "miracles" that connect me with every thing in the universe. That "oneness" of it all.

Thanks for asking.
William

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 06:30 am
@Ahhhhhz,
Meeting my first and only girl friend

Marrying her

Having four daughters together

Elmud

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 07:59 pm
@salima,
salima;73466 wrote:
i consider myself lucky to be out of it! i got pretty good at divorce though, the second time i didnt even get a lawyer, i drew up my own papers and filed them myself.

Perhaps you could give me some advise.

salima

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud;75803 wrote:
Perhaps you could give me some advise.

it's all on the internet! you can get a little package for the state you live in that gives you most of what you need to file-assuming it is a cut and dried case. mine was incontestable since the dude had split over a year ago.

good luck!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » What were the 3 most special events in your life that you remember?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:35:14