Evening

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 12:30 pm
I find myself stuck for words on how to begin and so i shall keep it short and succinct; i have had no formal education nor interest in, Philosophy, however a good friend of mine is extremely interested in it and so i have decided to see what the fuss is about, so to speak. I may often have no idea what some of you are talking about when you begin naming specific ideologies, however i think i can keep up - you may just need to give me a minute.

Justin

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 07:02 pm
@Alex King,
Thanks for the intro Alex and welcome to the forum. You sound like me several years ago because I also had no formal eduction in Philosophy... but, it doesn't matter anyway. We're all here to talk philosophy and hopefully learn from some of the best teachers around... our fellow man.

Thanks for joining and please enjoy this community!

ogden

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:05 pm
@Justin,
Alex King, welcome! I also have no formal philosophy education, and am only about a month old (on the forum). Yes, it is scary when you first start, but I assure you the members here are interested in what you think and say so jump in the water is fine.

Quetion: is your forum name randomly connected with Dr. King (as today is his holiday)or is it something more?

If he was alive today what do you think he would say about race and equality?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/19/2024 at 10:10:56