Rectal Problem

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Rectal Problem

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:02 pm
So, I say "rectal problem," but I'm not sure if it's actually a problem. So...on occassion, when I go number 2, I kind of bleed "down there." Not a lot. But there's blood on the toilet paper (when I wipe kinda hard, anyways). And I reach down to feel "down there," and there's what feels like a small mole kind of thing. It doesn't hurt or anything.

What do y'all think that is? o___O

Dave Allen

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:15 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Piles.

More words to make up the character limit.

Bonaventurian

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:27 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Hemmehroids? Yeah, I thought of that. I looked on wikipedia, though, and those are supposed to be painful. This isn't particularly painful.

Dave Allen

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:41 pm
@Bonaventurian,
They can vary from highly irritating to barely noticable.

Learn to clean your rectum with water rather than toilet paper, and maintain a regular bowel habit by eating veg with your meat (or vice versa) and it/they should clear up.

Aedes

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:48 pm
@Bonaventurian,
That's a hemorrhoid. Fresh blood that's on the paper, but the stool (as we call it) is not itself bloody, suggests that the blood is coming from anus or very close to it. Hemorrhoids are just dilated veins that people get from bearing down (you can get them from constipation most commonly, but women often get them from laboring, and people can even get them from lifting weights).

Tylenol or ibuprofen is fine for pain relief if you need it. If it's itching and burning a lot I'd suggest getting some preparation H. And what you don't want is to keep pushing hard -- so if you're constipated you can try a sort of stool softener (I'd probably recommend just using something natural like prunes, or a fiber supplement like metamucil, but you could also try docusate sodium which is over the counter).

If bleeding and more bleeding continue, or you're getting lightheaded esp when you stand up, get ye to a doctor. A lot of things can bleed.

Bonaventurian

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:57 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Should I see a doctor? Is it a serious problem?

Dave Allen

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Not really - unless it exacerbates.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 02:01 pm
@Bonaventurian,
If it doesn't go away, then see a doctor. Generally, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Violent Meme

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 03:06 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Taking warm baths also helps rectal problems in two ways: to keep your anus clean (washing with soap), and to soak the aggravated area in temperate water (as with hemorrhoids).

As the above posters said: add vegetables/fruits in your diet, when you eat meals, and also allow your fecal matter to pass *WITHOUT* bearing down. You know; gravity helps. And the pressure built up inside will do most of the work if you let it come out. To prevent constipation, ensure that you do not hold it in whenever you need to take a ****. And the change-in-diet should also prevent further constipation.

Good luck!

:a-ok:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Rectal Problem
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:46:18