Truth and peoples conflicting views making me insane.

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Truth and peoples conflicting views making me insane.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:00 am
It seems as soon as i am inspired by this everything there is someone there saying the opposite. Ill be watching an interesting video on metaphysics then ill find an article like "This guy is a Carleton. He's using basic physics ideas to make people feel smart whilsed he brainwashes them into buying stuff"

Then im like.. ohh...

And ill just start to see a beautiful picture of everything and someone will have the view that. The universe is limited and we can only experience time once. And life sucks then you die :a-ok:

And these kind of hyperlogical people manage to even debate the nature of consciousness itself. How can you possibly believe one way or another for sure about consciousness? Theres no way we can know this isnt just some projection made by a higher conciseness and anything we can "prove" in it is also part of the projection. Right?

Is it possible to stay positive and logical at the same time?
 
jgweed
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:44 am
@glasstrees,
Yes, as long as you accept that life involves ambiguity and limitations.
Cheers,
John
 
VideCorSpoon
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 08:25 am
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71664 wrote:
It seems as soon as i am inspired by this everything there is someone there saying the opposite. Ill be watching an interesting video on metaphysics then ill find an article like "This guy is a Carleton. He's using basic physics ideas to make people feel smart whilsed he brainwashes them into buying stuff"
that
dwixi;71664 wrote:
And ill just start to see a beautiful picture of everything and someone will have the view that. The universe is limited and we can only experience time once. And life sucks then you die


Its great that you start to see a beautiful picture. I wouldn't let anybody's opinion change your perspective on stuff, or at least influence it to the point where you feel the contention is uncomfortable. Pessimists and nay-sayers have an awful way of sucking the air out of a room and replacing it with noxious gas unfit for human consumption. But on life sucking after you die, who really knows. Life could be sucking right now and could be a heck of a lot better when we die. LOL!

dwixi;71664 wrote:
And these kind of hyperlogical people manage to even debate the nature of consciousness itself. How can you possibly believe one way or another for sure about consciousness? Theres no way we can know this isnt just some projection made by a higher conciseness and anything we can "prove" in it is also part of the projection. Right?
dwixi;71664 wrote:
Is it possible to stay positive and logical at the same time?
 
manored
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 10:08 am
@glasstrees,
You just need a different viewpoint: Rather than seeing these conflicts as the insanity of the world, see then as the HILARIOUS insanity of the world Smile
 
GoshisDead
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 11:09 am
@manored,
1)
Happiness and Truth (in its material/empirical form) do not often co-exist. There is a lot of validity in the maxim "ignorance is bliss". In the realm of metaphysics it is awefully easy to have conflicting views, as most assertions in metaphysics aren't empirically demonstrable. They are by neccessity based from axioms in other words the entire thought process is stemmed from a presupposed assertion. These processes are often entirely logical given that the presupposition is accurate.

2)
Logic is a system that can be applied to any thought process and stemming from a presupposition/axiom. Non-material traditions have flawless internal logic given the presuppositions from whence they stem. This may seem to be an argument that truth is unobtainable because anyone can make a presupposition and build a logical argument from it, however, it is not that. Logic and Happiness can co-exist easily if one does not automatically accept the current popular hypothetico-deductible materialist axiom. If one assumes a different starting point than 'life is short brutish and ugly' because the material logic makes me thinks so then one may very well be happy and completely rational/logical.
 
glasstrees
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:48 pm
@GoshisDead,
Its still happening in this post Very Happy

I agree with the first replies and they inspired me. But then the last one brought me down a bit! Aha
 
GoshisDead
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:19 pm
@glasstrees,
Mostly because I'm evil
 
glasstrees
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:21 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;71879 wrote:
Mostly because I'm evil


I knew it! Very Happy

ahaaaaaaaaaaa
 
GoshisDead
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:28 pm
@glasstrees,
See i really don't find my posts all that depressing but it seems many others seem to think I'm bleak. I suppose its all in how you see bleak.
 
glasstrees
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:32 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;71881 wrote:
See i really don't find my posts all that depressing but it seems many others seem to think I'm bleak. I suppose its all in how you see bleak.


Yeah definitely.

I find the idea of a Christian heaven a horibble bleak idea. When they find it bleak how i can think anything else.

Seriously when you die you are still attached to your human ego and you go into the clouds with your family for all eternity!!

Sounds horrible to me Very Happy But others can't imagine anything but!
 
GoshisDead
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:42 pm
@glasstrees,
Yeah clouds and family isn't for everyone, I suppose thats why hell was invented. Its like the Six Flags to Heaven's Disneyland.
 
glasstrees
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:45 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;71888 wrote:
Yeah clouds and family isn't for everyone, I suppose thats why hell was invented. Its like the Six Flags to Heaven's Disneyland.


Lol. Yeah definately
 
Elmud
 
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:47 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;71881 wrote:
See i really don't find my posts all that depressing but it seems many others seem to think I'm bleak. I suppose its all in how you see bleak.
Could someone please pass me the celexa?
 
manored
 
Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead;71881 wrote:
See i really don't find my posts all that depressing but it seems many others seem to think I'm bleak. I suppose its all in how you see bleak.
People tend to see truth and logic as depressing Smile

dwixi;71885 wrote:
Yeah definitely.

I find the idea of a Christian heaven a horibble bleak idea. When they find it bleak how i can think anything else.

Seriously when you die you are still attached to your human ego and you go into the clouds with your family for all eternity!!

Sounds horrible to me Very Happy But others can't imagine anything but!
Thats because people accept its wonderfull because people told then it is and forget to check if it is, actually, wonderfull Smile

Eternal happiness is, oddly, not that happy. Just like water is not that wet then you are covered on it Smile
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Truth and peoples conflicting views making me insane.
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/20/2021 at 07:01:24