Fun things to do on a rainy day

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Fun things to do on a rainy day

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Lily

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:16 pm
When the rain falls down and all my friends have left town I tend to feel a bit like the weather. Here's what you could do on a rainy day so that won't happen to you

• read Twilight to get why it makes teenaged girls crazy
  • take a walk with an umbrella, and when you come back inside make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, with marsmallows of course
  • call grandma, she cares
  • have a movie or tv-series marathon
  • bake something, like cupcakes
  • practise your knitting skills
  • write a letter to God, eventhough he may not answer
  • make funny faces in front of a mirror
  • read a wordbook so you can learn difficult words to impress your nerdiest friends

and of course, philosophize on this forum. There's always someone who disagrees with you:shifty:

YouTube - Rihanna- Umbrella [ 2009 Version ] New Video!

Catchabula

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:56 pm
@Lily,
Last but not least:
-Write a gentle, subtle and featherlight text on what to do when it rains...
A text that feels like a cat spinning on your lap. I love it! Smile

Poseidon

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 08:38 pm
@Lily,
Great. Love the rain.
But what must I do when its a hot gale force wind blowing?

Victor Eremita

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 09:05 pm
@Lily,
1. Pretend you're Gene Kelly and sing in the rain
2. Be an activist and live homeless for several days in the rain to promote awareness for homeless shelters
3. Do a sun dance
4. Shake your fist at the rain
5. Be a farmer and use the rain to make money

sarathustrah

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 03:56 pm
@Lily,
lol @ do a sun dance

i like to sit in the car and just listen or sometimes take a book or my journal too... it sounds best in cars... or campers... but i dont have one of those.
i dont do that every time it rains though... i spose i usually just use the computer or play video games like usual.

when its a nice and warm day but its raining, especially in the evening, i looooove to walk in the rain

manored

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 04:10 pm
@Lily,
Buy a computer and play some old pluzze games... point & click games are nice for philosopy froum dwellers Smile And most of the good pluzze/strategy games are old ones, so you can usually get then for free.

(Games/Software so old their trademark holders arent willing to charge anyone for ilegal distribuition anymore are called "abandonawares")

abandonia

The site over here is great, the game is as well and its based on the book series of same name. Getting it to work properly might be a bit tricky though Smile (Get and learn to use a program called DosBox and you will be able to run decently 90% of the dos games you couldnt before).

Oh, and always read the end of game descriptions in that site, thats where important technical details are usually placed.

TurboLung

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:11 am
@Lily,
think about life and nearly drive myself into a mental home not understanding why we are here.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

manored;69481 wrote:
Buy a computer and play some old pluzze games... point & click games are nice for philosopy froum dwellers Smile And most of the good pluzze/strategy games are old ones, so you can usually get then for free.

I'd rather play something like Civilization, Super Mario Galaxy or Fire Emblem. Playing Ace Combat 6. Helps me to stop thinking.

xris

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:47 am
@TurboLung,
Warm rain , make a cup of tea and drink it sitting in your garden.Makes the neighbours be concerned for your wealthfare and makes you wonder if you can drink the tea quicker than the rain can refill your cup.
Walkng home hissed as a fart laying in the grass feeling the rain and not giving a ship.Sing a song and hope no one finds you in that condition."OO.. hello Mrs Smith, the garden needed this rain"

Lily

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:38 am
@Lily,
Jump on/in waterpools! With your wellingtons on of course. Or jog, but do not wear a white t-shirt. (Or any make-up that's not waterproof)

sarathustrah

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:54 am
@Lily,
dont even wear makeup... you look great without your mask. let the clowns wear the makeup Wink

manored

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:57 pm
@xris,
xris;69602 wrote:
Warm rain , make a cup of tea and drink it sitting in your garden.Makes the neighbours be concerned for your wealthfare and makes you wonder if you can drink the tea quicker than the rain can refill your cup.
Walkng home hissed as a fart laying in the grass feeling the rain and not giving a ship.Sing a song and hope no one finds you in that condition."OO.. hello Mrs Smith, the garden needed this rain"
Dont forget to give perfectly logical and sense-making answers to anyone who asks why you are doing that, for greater enjoyment Smile

TurboLung;69593 wrote:
think about life and nearly drive myself into a mental home not understanding why we are here.

I'd rather play something like Civilization, Super Mario Galaxy or Fire Emblem. Playing Ace Combat 6. Helps me to stop thinking.
Try to understand simpler things first, such as why you are concerning yourself with a question you dont have any hopes of answering instead of enjoying life Smile

Nice ones as well. All games secretly make you stop thinking if you start figuring out strategies for then, and its impressive how many strategies you can come up to for something as simple as a plataformer...

7skullz

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 02:30 am
@Lily,
When it rains I honestly just put on a shirt and jeans, let my (male) hair down, and go sit in the park. Especially at night, though my parents dont really like it when Im out past dark, so I sit on my windowsill (second story).

I love the rain. I find it cleansing and romantic.

manored

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 01:23 pm
@Lily,
Dont you get cold and soaked to the bone? I dont mind staying on the rain for a while, but after a long time it gets... cold and bone soaking Smile

mister kitten

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 06:10 pm
@Lily,
-search for rainbows
-put on rain boots and walk in deep puddles
-look smart!
-walk on the side of the street and make drivers of cars confused
-ride your bike to your friend's house
-use your imagination in any way
-throw your cell phone outside
-try to walk on your hands
-practice kata (my karate system has over 80!)
-blow bubbles indoors or out
-make pretty jewelry
-play with your pet (if you have one)
-order Chinese food
-turn everything in your house upside down
-draw a picture while outside
&
-wonder how high it's falling from

wayne

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 06:19 am
@Lily,
I like to think that rainy days are responsible for the cave paintings we have found.

manored

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:50 am
@wayne,
wayne;147811 wrote:
I like to think that rainy days are responsible for the cave paintings we have found.
But the ingredients for the "paint" were found outside =)

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 11:54 am
@manored,
Rain is good. Not to much. With vreaks to do shopping please.

wayne

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 09:05 pm
@manored,
manored;147884 wrote:
But the ingredients for the "paint" were found outside =)

Aha ,The origin of planning skills. :bigsmile:

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:14 pm
@wayne,
wayne;148042 wrote:
Aha ,The origin of planning skills. :bigsmile:

You know there were 5 species of homanoids 50,000 years ago ? We Sapiens (?) are the last branch left. We shouldn't be too cocky I think.

manored

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 07:26 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;148277 wrote:
You know there were 5 species of homanoids 50,000 years ago ? We Sapiens (?) are the last branch left. We shouldn't be too cocky I think.
Is there any situation on where we should be? =)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Fun things to do on a rainy day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:56:02