Hello from Wales :)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Wales :)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Tainted

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:06 am
Hello everyone Smile

My name is Jax, i'm 32 and live with my partner and cat near Cardiff in Wales.

We are both lovers of philosophising, though I have to admit straight away that I have never read a book on philosophy in my life. I have a few books sitting on my book shelf....but in all honesty I prefer to speak with others and learn that way.

My interests are purely amateur, I am a total beginner....but have been looking for a friendly forum to share ideas and learn from others for a while now and this place seems to be just what i've been searching for.

My favourite subjects are religion and spirituality, meta-physics and society.

I hope you don't mind an amateur in your midst Smile

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 06:38 am
@Tainted,
Unless one of us has a degree in philosophy they have not mentioned, we're all amateurs.

Good to have you aboard!

Tainted

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:59 am
@Tainted,
Thank you Smile

Got some time to have a proper nose around now Smile

boagie

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:13 am
@Tainted,
Tainted!Smile

:)Welcome, there are some pretty well read people here but by no means the majority. An active curiousity is the only requirement to enjoy discussion and debate. Glad you have chosen to join us!! Jump right in, responsed to something which interests you or post a new topic, again welcome Tainted!!! Very Happy

linux user

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:57 am
@boagie,
Hello from Bristol, England!!

Good to have you here. I hope you stay around, as TOO many people announce their arrival and are never heard from again!!

Brett.

Tainted

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 06:44 am
@Tainted,
Thanks Smile

I do intend to stay around, I dont get online much so it may be sporadic but i'm loving this forum already Smile

Justin

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:06 am
@Tainted,
Welcome Tainted! Thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself and likewise to the members who offered a the warm reception.

As far as being an amateur, no problem. In reality, I have to think that we are all amateur. Please enjoy the community and feed your desire to philosophize.

Tainted

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:15 am
@Tainted,
Thanks Justin Smile

I have to say I'm really enjoying this forum, it has such a nice atmosphere and none of the usual petty squabbling and intellectual snobbery i've found on some other forums Smile

keep up the good work!!

Justin

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:29 am
@Tainted,
Thank you for the compliment! You are correct, this is certainly turning into a forum that differs from all the others I've been on as well. While we may not have the numbers, we're certainly attracting a certain level of quality discussion and it's of great thanks to the members here.

Philosophy is a study, but it's also a practice and being able to communicate with each other in here without demeaning, attacking or flaming each other is a big step in social philosophy. Thanks again for adding to the quality of this community and we look forward to continued growth.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Wales :)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:07:47