My take on it all at 3am.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My take on it all at 3am.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 01:50 am
We are all lost.

Whether we want to admit it or not we only have extremely vague ideas at best about the secrets that elude us as a species. We will get up and goto work and live our lives but as a collective, we will wonder. We will wonder for the rest of our lives. We gaze into an empty night sky as many others have and will for as long as we exist.

With that said.....

I believe i am completely alone. I am 29 years old and when i look in the mirror all i see is my own creation. I believe i am a great architect and craftsman who not only designs but creates the entire world around me. My wife, children, parents, friends and even this wonderful forum and it's inhabitants all of my own design. Every sunrise. Every piece of art. Every war. Every death. Every thunderstorm. Every tree. All in a world i have made for myself. I believe whatever someone responds with i have written myself. Every person i have loved. Every person i have lost has been because of me. My world is an elaborate illusion. My question is...how do i knowingly manipulate it?

SeekerS

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:55 am
@Lost phil,
That's certainly an interesting outlook on life. Of course, I wouldn't know how to manipulate the world, I'm only 16. Our actions of course have outcomes that change the world, but you're talking about something different. Like when we dream: Sometimes we feel that we are watching a movie, and other times we are in complete and total conscious control of everything that occurs. But... unfortunately this world isn't a dream. Though the two of us may be connected (as many physics hypotheses attempt to prove), we are at the same time two separate individuals with an equal level of conscious influence on our world. To you, you are the world, as am I to me. And my mother to her. We are in her world, but because she cannot feel our consciousness, our being, and our thoughts as we can, she may believe that she is the only real one. Just as you do, or even I do at times. We can't feel each other's consciousnesses but we have to realize that they do exist.

I know that wasn't exactly the answer you were looking for, you wanted to know how to consciously take control of the universe and everything in it. I just wanted to give you my take. But hey, anything's possible right?

P.S. Just to clarify--I wrote this response, not you. Me. ^_^ Ok, thanks, hope it helped.

Poseidon

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 05:00 pm
@Lost phil,
Imagine that we could completely control ever part of the universe with our consciousness.

After some time we would have experienced everything that was enjoyable to experience. It would would become monotonous.

It would then become worthwhile to create a universe that was not completely in our control, as this would be the only thing that would not be monotonous.

This is why we live in a world where our will is partly free, but not completely free.

Lost phil

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 08:38 pm
@SeekerS,
SeekerS wrote:
To you, you are the world, as am I to me.

But you are non existent when my senses are deprived of you. I believe everything outside of our peripheral vision and auditory range is void. The act of viewing something makes it appear. The act of knowing something makes it happen.

I hate to throw this comparison into the mix but it is exactly like the matrix with the exception of the giant robots using the species for food....but then again who knows.

Nothing makes sense to me. The more i read and learn the more i realize that no matter what rock solid evidence and facts we believe in today, it will all be a joke for future generations.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

SeekerS wrote:
This is why we live in a world where our will is partly free, but not completely free.

I believe it is free. We hold the key to our own cell. Years of conditioning have made us all believe that we are limited in our capabilities as human beings. If this is not true than how is it possible that olympic records and other feats of athleticisim are broken and will continue to be broken for as long as our species exists. Technically, i am the only one who doesn't believe that i am capable of creating therefore i live in a world partially created by my subconcious. Our will is completely free, it is our thoughts that are detained.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My take on it all at 3am.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:47:09