who am I

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 06:57 pm
I am a global citizen 'the skybird' looking for my identity in this huge world. Exactly who r we? Just individuals or a a web of relations?

Fido

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 08:50 pm
@myskybird,
You remind me of some of the natives I used to work with who would call themselves fugowees... Hearing that, you were supposed to ask who the fug are we... It does not work if you say who are the fug are we...I guess you have to have been raised with a sort of middle English to have jokes like that...
Toward answering your question, We are an organism with individual parts... The parts alone are as stirile as worker bees, and must combine to breed... All their culture, and ability to think and all of their knowledge they get from humanity, and only the most foolish of them thinks humanity owes them something yet... We hold life, and pass life, but we are not created...The life we have and pass is the same life that buzzes about our heads in the form of a fly...Life is on continuous chain, and all our learning and being has one object, and that is successful breeding... We are on a clock... We are born, find which way is up, grow, flower, breed, and seed; and all with little time for the next generation... We give what we can an most dies with us so the next crew can learn the hard way...That is life...

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 12:17 am
@myskybird,
We are The Borg, resistance is futile.

Fido

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:50 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
We are The Borg, resistance is futile.

Futility in the face of resistence is cowardice... No one can afford futility or impatience....Even when the sky is falling, one does what one can because to do less is a denial of all life and meaning... So what matter is it that life is futile or resistence is futile??? That part should be expected...It is supposed to be all for nothing, because to do more than nothing then becomes the great challenge of life...

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 12:18 pm
@Fido,
Do you not know who the Borg are?

myskybird

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:36 pm
@myskybird,
Actually I was curious 2 know how people incountries other than India identify themselves in the canvas of Nature as assimilated into it or as some one distinct?

Fido

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:32 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
Do you not know who the Borg are?

Sure; The Republican Party...

Your question reminds me of the Nymphmaniac who tried to explain her condition to a date, and then she asked: Do you know the name of this condition??? And the boy said sure: That is called: Good News...

Questions are the beginnings of the best Jokes...I heard that one about the guy jumping out of an airplane, and having his chute fail to open...Half way to the ground he meets a guy comming up...He yells: Hey, Hey!, Do you know anything about parachutes??? And the other guy said: No! Do you know anything about Coleman Stoves...

After hearing that, I would at least break into a smile if some one asked: Do you know anything about such and such...I heard that question once about a device called an ironworker that had a tendency to double hit...It is like a very small hydrolic press that can cut a three by three angle iron, or nip corners, or punch bolt hold...One night the one we had ate two inches of a guys finger, and so they wrapped it up in caution tape, and unplugged it...The next night a new guy asked me: Do you know anything about that Ironworker....Thinking of the joke, I was smiling ear to ear while I told him: last night it ate a guy's finger... That must have been a sight..

Victor Eremita

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 07:11 pm
@myskybird,
We play so many parts in life, we may not know which part or parts are truly constitutive of an individual.

myskybird

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:35 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Yes ew have different shades that is highlighted on different occasions. Yet at the end of the day there is the I in which everything blends. I find myself as earth water fire air . These r what I am made of. So basically I am Nature

Belial phil

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 08:56 pm
@myskybird,
myskybird;60905 wrote:
I am a global citizen 'the skybird' looking for my identity in this huge world. Exactly who r we? Just individuals or a a web of relations?

We are individuals. We are also a web of relations, connected to everything in the Universe(and possibly multiverse), at the very least indirectly.
We are also entire worlds ourselves with many smaller individual things that make us up. And even those smaller things are made up of still smaller things, thus making us essentially universes as well.
It depends largely on perspective.

myskybird

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 09:05 am
@Belial phil,
ye! I guess this is close to what Ia trying to say. Indian philosophy identifies man with Nature because everything is born from the eternal seed .

richrf

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 09:19 am
@myskybird,
myskybird;89397 wrote:
ye! I guess this is close to what Ia trying to say. Indian philosophy identifies man with Nature because everything is born from the eternal seed .

Hi there myskybird,

Eastern philosophies are the result of thousands of years of observations. We are part of a connected world as well as being a world onto ourselves.

Recently, it was published, that within the human body there are one trillion human cells and 10 trillion living microbes. And these microbes are communicating with each other in order to survive, just like humans communicate with all that is around us. We are literally an ocean living within an ocean.

Eastern philosophers learned very early that the macro reflects the micro and the micro reflects the macro. If you want to know who you are, just look around you. I see waves within an ocean.

Rich

PoeticVisionary

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 09:21 am
@myskybird,
If I told you who we are, I'd have to kill you..!!

I guess you'd have to be from New Jersey to get that one.

Goshi I heard the Borg were hanging out at the Secaucus swamp..!!

myskybird

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 10:04 am
@richrf,
Lord Krishna told Arjun that everything is in Him and He is in everything

Fido

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 01:18 pm
@myskybird,
myskybird;89406 wrote:
Lord Krishna told Arjun that everything is in Him and He is in everything

That was his favorite lie...

myskybird

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 07:29 pm
@Fido,
what are the others?

Fido

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 05:12 am
@myskybird,
myskybird;89514 wrote:
what are the others?

One of the was: If you can baffle them with bullllllshet, and invitation to a meal will be forthcoming....

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:46:39