My view of why there is war

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My view of why there is war

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 08:17 am
Man dies earlier than woman,in the aftermath, woman dies, the belated living of Earth will be monotonous.

Why must there be two sexes, as I can not be apprised of any productiveness of male and female.

There is discrepancy between them, one has benefits, another has unjustness. You cannot attest anything to this conclusion that everyone is congruent to each other.Everything's heterogeneous, and the minds can be mimicked, or can be their own mannerisms.

Everything is unfair, barring there is a force of legislation. Everything has its dictions, it speaks using its thinking and philosophy and dogmas, there is yet powers which people earlier conceived, and these powers still is unfeasible to explain that everything is correlated, and everything is thereby not assenting peace,but want discord,war and the like.

Then for poignancy,it starts the cyclical thing.

ddancom

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 09:33 am
@Ennui phil,
Quote:
There is discrepancy between [people], [some have] benefits, [others have] unjustness.
Hence war.

Is that a fair assessment of your position?

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:50 pm
@Ennui phil,
So what exactly is your position on why there is war?

doc phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 12:03 pm
@Ennui phil,
Ennui;54935 wrote:
Man dies earlier than woman,in the aftermath, woman dies, the belated living of Earth will be monotonous.

Quite a romantic (and that is not to say false) insight.

dynamo

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 08:41 pm
@Ennui phil,
There are wars because there are limited resources. That country wants the silk the other country has but refuses to trade copper for it. Or that country has taken all the plutonium to make Nuclear weapons, we want that plutonium!

Aedes

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 09:30 pm
@Ennui phil,
Ennui;54935 wrote:
Man dies earlier than woman
Statistically... some men die old, some women die young, and the average difference in longevity is not THAT great.

Ennui;54935 wrote:
Why must there be two sexes, as I can not be apprised of any productiveness of male and female.
Even protozoa have males and females. The malaria parasite has a sexual reproductive cycle -- microgametocytes and macrogametocytes. It's our biology. Why ask why?

Ennui;54935 wrote:
There is discrepancy between them
There is complementarity. Have you been in a rewarding relationship with a member of the opposite sex? I only ask, because at the unit of a male-female relationship, no one really thinks of how "everything is unfair" by virtue of a global discrepancy. People think -- in whatever terms -- about compatibility with another human. About sharing.

Oh -- and men wage war on other men. Go ahead and do your search to find a war that females instigated. If you find one it won't have been one of the big ones. I guess Elizabeth I is one, she took on the Spanish Armada in 1588; Joan d'Arc led her armies, etc. But this is few and far between. War is pretty much a way that powerful men settle disputes at the expense of the livelihoods and lives of their subordinates.

doc phil

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:59 pm
@Aedes,
Ennui;54935 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong Ennui, but are you not saying here that men go to war because the alternative is to die after woman and hence the world becomes empty. It may not be a conscious choice, as such. And it may not be The Reason, but it is certainly close to the sentiment of a meaningful relationship.
:detective:

manored

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 10:10 am
@Ennui phil,
I think he was a bit obscure, in what he was not actually speaking about the sexes, but using then as some kind of twisted example. If I interpreted him correctly I agree with him Smile

The cause of war is the fact that people hold ideas of who are their "allies" that do not include the whole world. If you dont consider someone your "friend", you wont treat in differently from an obstacle in the way or an opportunity.

HexHammer

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 09:29 am
@Ennui phil,
War are motivated by several reasons:

- dislike towards others
- greed for resources
- megalomani
- revenge
- paranoia
- thrill
..etc...

Phosphorous

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 04:15 pm
@Ennui phil,
I think the vikings put it best... "You have what I want, therefore I must kill you, and take it." --some documentary I don't remember the title to. Watched it in high school.

But really, there are two genders because that enables genetic diversity, which increases the chances of the species surviving. More to it, but on the simplest of levels, that about sums it up.

haha! Laughing

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » My view of why there is war
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:21:31