I killed a squirrel.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I killed a squirrel.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Elmud

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 04:53 pm
I was driving down a country road the other day in my old pick up. As I was driving, a little red squirrel darted in my path. He scurried right and left in a panic. I tried to slow down but, i was going too fast. I heard the thump. I looked back in my rear view mirror and saw his dead body laying in the road. All I could say was dammit. Then I thought, stinkin cars and trucks anyways. No good for nothin but to pollute the air and run over innocent animals. Another completely unnatural thing. I thought, we ought to get back to horses and buggies like the Amish people do. Stinkin truck. Squirrel probably had a family. Gatherin nuts for them. Damn squirrel anyways. Got no business crossing the road anyways. Must have been a stupid squirrel. Why i gotta feel bad for that stupid squirrel? I didn't force him to cross the road. Ain't his fault though. Squirrels been here longer than me. This been their place for hundreds of years. People put roads and cars here and all they do is kill the squirrels. It ain't natural. ain't right. Stupid squirrel anyways.

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 05:27 pm
@Elmud,
Once upon a time when I used to drive and own a car, I had the same thing happen, but replace the squirrel with a skunk. A couple of hours after running it over, and 50 miles of driving, me and some friends arrived at our destination, and everyone asked us why we smelled like a skunk. My car reeked for about a week or two before a horrible smelling passenger changed the odor in the car from skunk to the horrible body odor/patchouli oil smell combination.

Justin

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 05:38 pm
@Elmud,
I hear ya Elmud. I too dislike running over animals with cars. Looks like we're both quite sensitive in this way as it would frustrate me to. You ought to add stuff like this to your blog as it's not really philosophy topic. If you need a hand adding it, I'll be more than happy to assist in moving it.

Elmud

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 06:04 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
I hear ya Elmud. I too dislike running over animals with cars. Looks like we're both quite sensitive in this way as it would frustrate me to. You ought to add stuff like this to your blog as it's not really philosophy topic. If you need a hand adding it, I'll be more than happy to assist in moving it.

Yeah. But, it could be a philosophical thing. Depends on how you perceive it. Stupid squirrel anyways. But hey, could be a good blog too. You can move if you wish Justin.

Fido

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 09:01 pm
@Elmud,
God Bless you if it was a republican... Did you check his wallet for his stupid card???

Elmud

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 10:03 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
God Bless you if it was a republican... Did you check his wallet for his stupid card???

One of the things i like about you fido. you're all heart.

neapolitan

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:00 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
... Bless you if it was a republican... Did you check his wallet for his stupid card???

If it was a Republican squirel, I bet it would been smart enough not to leave a hanging chad when it voted.

Fido

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:01 pm
@neapolitan,
neapolitan wrote:
If it was a Republican squirel, I bet it would been smart enough not to leave a hanging chad when it voted.

We used to have that sort of ballot in Michigan... The thing is, that when the space beneath was filled, as happened to me once or twice, you really had to push hard to get through at all...What the hell woudl it take to fix something like that??? Maybe a hole in the bottom...God forbid some one would have to sweep the floor... Look at the mess, Mr. Bush caused...Personally, I would rather sweep the floor...

Did you ever hear that story about a Doctor in London who was trying to treat a cholera epidemic... And he discovered that everyone suffering got their water from the same well... So he brought the information to the city council, and they heard him out and then said: What can we d???.He said: take the handle off the pump... Some times the solutions to our problems are not nearly so difficult as the problems...It is a matter of getting the brain in the right place... What do they say: thinking outside...

Fido

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:02 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
One of the things i like about you fido. you're all heart.

No, heart and fart, meal and music; meat and spirits...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I killed a squirrel.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:17:23