Hello from Salt Lake City

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Salt Lake City

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Chaz-4

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 05:28 pm
Hello All,

I am Charles Brownrigg IV and live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have been a student of the University for several years and was fortunate enough to attend a symposium in '98 or '99. I was awarded a scholarship by Laura Lindo who at the time was President of the University. I bought a couple airfares for my wife and I and attended the Symposium which was in the blue ridge mountains near the palace. I actually wandered on the grounds of the palace. However I didn't have the oppertunity to see any of the Russells artifacts which I do believe would be very inspiring. Since then I have married, become the father of a wonderful son, and become a home owner which have taken much of the freetime I once had to ponder life and the grand scheme of things. I am now 28 years old and still have many of Russells works such as the Home Study Courses (Version 1 and 3, I believe, which I recieved as part of my scholarship), Atomic Suicide, Universal One, Secret of Light, etc. I have found some of the most valuable teachings are within Universal One and the home study courses. There are some thoughs on these illuminations I have that will hopefully inspire some good discussions in the Forums.

Charlie

de Silentio

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 06:56 pm
@Chaz-4,
Hi Chaz, and welcome. I have a question for you.

I also have a wife and son, and one on the way, do you find it difficult to balance your family and philosophy? Or are not currently studying?

Justin

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
@Chaz-4,
Welcome Chaz! Happy to have you as a member of the forum and please do enjoy the community here.

Hopefully, this year we will be able to get the sculptures and artwork out of storage and into the eyes of the public in a new museum or cultural center. Plans are being discussed and things look good thus far.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Chaz-4

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:14 pm
@de Silentio,
Life itself is a juggling act and family and philosphies will always take time to balance. I find that I study whenever I have the time and am always trying to incorporate my studies into my life in order to make it more balanced. If any of that makes much sense to anybody else I will be surprised!

Chaz-4

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:19 pm
@Justin,
I hope that is the case, I was actually able to view the statue of Jesus on the palace grounds and just that one piece of art was very inspiring! It seems to me that much of the art and scientific work is becomming more and more available online, which in someways is disappointing as it also is my opinoin that Russell freely gave his ideas to thew world and the credit duely deservered hasn't been given as it should. Thjat is one of the discussions I am going to get started so look for more to come!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Salt Lake City
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:58:31