Curing Cancer & Cooperative Computing

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Curing Cancer & Cooperative Computing

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Khethil

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:35 am
Hi All,

I want to give a big personal thanks to Click Here. On his tagline is a link I've been searching for, for quite a while.

A long time ago, there was an ongoing program wherein internet-connected computers downloaded "chunks" of data to work calculations through towards finding a cure for <whatever it was at the time, probably cancer>. Today, while browsing through posts I checked out the link on his tagline and ta-da! Guess what I ran across!

This isn't a solicitation, it's more of a "thanks". But on a personal level I think anyone who wants to contribute in some small way and has a connected computer, can help. I think it imprudent that I give out the link here, but you can see any of his posts and therein see the link.

Really happy to find this. I don't agree with much you've said, Click, but on this account I owe you a ton of gratitude.

Thanks!

click here

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:30 am
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:
Hi All,

I want to give a big personal thanks to Click Here. On his tagline is a link I've been searching for, for quite a while.

A long time ago, there was an ongoing program wherein internet-connected computers downloaded "chunks" of data to work calculations through towards finding a cure for <whatever it was at the time, probably cancer>. Today, while browsing through posts I checked out the link on his tagline and ta-da! Guess what I ran across!

This isn't a solicitation, it's more of a "thanks". But on a personal level I think anyone who wants to contribute in some small way and has a connected computer, can help. I think it imprudent that I give out the link here, but you can see any of his posts and therein see the link.

Really happy to find this. I don't agree with much you've said, Click, but on this account I owe you a ton of gratitude.

Thanks!

lol glad I could help. If anyone is interested in folding. PM me as I know quite a bit about all things related.

Pangloss

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 03:53 pm
@Khethil,
Just noticed this link. I have been "folding" for several weeks now, on 2 separate computers.

Was just thinking that we could get members here involved by creating a Philosophyforum.com folding@home team. Anybody interested?

click here

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 03:05 am
@Pangloss,
I am planning on sticking with my team. My friend and I are slowly working on developing a team site which will host statistical information and much more.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Curing Cancer & Cooperative Computing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:46:56