I need THE VARIETIES OF REFERENCE

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I need THE VARIETIES OF REFERENCE

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

gabalus

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 08:55 am
Hi,
I looking for a book THE VARIETIES OF REFERENCE by Gareth Evans and John McDowell. It's impossible to get it here, in Krakow.
If some of you have it in pdf, djvu [or any other formar] please, share it with me. I need it to write my Master's thesis. My request has nothing to do with breaking the law. According to Polish law one can copy articles and books for study purposes without breaking the law.
If you can, please, send it to me. My mail: XXXXXXXXXX
best regards

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 10:38 am
@gabalus,
Hello gabalus!

This is a link to openlibrary which posts scanned versions of books online. It is completely legal because it is done through the state of California's public library system. Here is the link to the direct book.

The varieties of reference (Open Library)

Unfortunately, that book has not been scanned into their system yet. You can e-mail them from their contact list and see if they can put your book on some sort of priorities list or look elsewhere online for other open library systems. However, to the left of the openlibrary info on the book, they have links to places where you can buy the book and partially browse the book on google books.

Since you are a member of a university (and even more part of the masters program), your university must certainly be a member of the online resource collections available which are available in the States as well as in Europe. These collections include JSTOR, etc. which have academic publications online. I will check and see if they offer your book on my old universities database and subscription collection. If your university does not subscribe to any databases that may have your book, you can (at least in the states you can) petition for them to subscribe.

P.S. I deleted your school email address because posting it openly like that could lead to your email account being spammed. Please use this forums email system to gather the information required. It is much safer.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 10:41 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Just checked. JSTOR does indeed have your book online. All you need to do is have your school subscribe to the service (which they probably do) to view it. This link (which says error) will work if you have your school password.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

gabalus

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 01:44 pm
@gabalus,
Unfortunetly, I'm already on my jstore account, and I can't get this book. Possibly because my university provides me access only to the collection I. But I'll be trying, thanks for your help

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » I need THE VARIETIES OF REFERENCE
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:18:12