seeing photons?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » seeing photons?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:02 pm
alright this is definitely gonna be more science than philosophy but for the looongest time ive been struggling to translate what im seein

i see small particle like things in the air... but i promise its not just dust...
especially on a sunny day when you look to the sky but not focus on looking at the sky, more try looking at the air

its like little speckles... moving in a more quick motion than dust...

first i theorized i was seeing air.... then i was thinking i was seein light...

ive gotten other people to notice this and so far nobody else knew what it was... but agreeing it definitly is not dust...

----on another note:
there are 2 other instances of a crazy phenomena thats not exactly related, but similar... both times i was in my kitchen, and hundreds of very bright speckles became visible darting very quickly around the room... the first time 2 other people were with me and couldnt see what i was talkin about and it wasnt something that could go unnoticed... it only lasted a few seconds... the second time i was doing dishes and the same exact thing happened...

anyone have any explanations, theories, even just key words... id really appreciate it...

xris

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:06 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
alright this is definitely gonna be more science than philosophy but for the looongest time ive been struggling to translate what im seein

i see small particle like things in the air... but i promise its not just dust...
especially on a sunny day when you look to the sky but not focus on looking at the sky, more try looking at the air

ive gotten other people to notice this and so far nobody else knew what it was... but agreeing it definitly is not dust...

----on another note:
there are 2 other instances of a crazy phenomena thats not exactly related, but similar... both times i was in my kitchen, and hundreds of very bright speckles became visible darting very quickly around the room... the first time 2 other people were with me and couldnt see what i was talkin about and it wasnt something that could go unnoticed... it only lasted a few seconds... the second time i was doing dishes and the same exact thing happened...

anyone have any explanations, theories, even just key words... id really appreciate it...
Have you read peter pan..?

withawhy

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:07 pm
@sarathustrah,
i see those too, theyre called floaters:

Floater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sarathustrah

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:12 pm
@sarathustrah,
i actually havent read peter pan... thanks for the floater article... except theres one thing... my daughter had jaundice and we had to get this special light bulb and my dad had one from growing tomatos in his basement, and when we put up a shower curtain and had her laying in with the light on, the number of these rapid moving specks from my first example were twice in number... it seems like floaters explain certain examples of the static seen... but still im not 100% settled

xris

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:13 pm
@withawhy,
Commonly called a liver attack.

xris

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:15 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
i actually havent read peter pan... thanks for the floater article... except theres one thing... my daughter had jaundice and we had to get this special light bulb and my dad had one from growing tomatos in his basement, and when we put up a shower curtain and had her laying in with the light on, the number of these rapid moving specks from my first example were twice in number... it seems like floaters explain certain examples of the static seen... but still im not 100% settled
I can assure you, i see them all the time..there not photons or Tinkerbell.

sarathustrah

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:21 pm
@sarathustrah,
liver attack for the 2 instances of bright speckles huh... i gotta find out more... should i be alarmed? what causes it to do so? how does the liver effect me seeing sparkles...

xris

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:25 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
liver attack for the 2 instances of bright speckles huh... i gotta find out more... should i be alarmed? what causes it to do so? how does the liver effect me seeing sparkles...
I dont know if it is the liver,its what i was told by my old mum..Dont worry it has not done me any harm, but by all means ask the Doctor.

sarathustrah

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:27 pm
@sarathustrah,
yeah im tryin websites like web md and wrong diagnosis and stuff but those articles are nothing like this... i dunno

xris

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:31 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
yeah im tryin websites like web md and wrong diagnosis and stuff but those articles are nothing like this... i dunno
We all have our worries im going to the doc about constant indigestion..im worried its an ulcer and ill have to stop drinking..or worse..Ill swap you my indigestion for your spots?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 04:03 pm
@xris,
Sara - According to that wiki article, increasing background illumination makes the floaters more visible: this might explain your symptoms in the light.

nameless

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 04:57 pm
@sarathustrah,
Floaters in the eyes, dust on the cornea..
Bright spots floating around in the peripheral might be a sign of high blood pressure or something else. Get a check-up. Optomologist.
You arent seeing individual photons or molecules.

Fido

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:16 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:

----on another note:

On the first; they are motes...As an ironworker I used to love stand in the shade of a newly stood up column that might rise to a height of three floors, or more... With the sun completely blocked behind it the shafts of the sun beams cut through air and up hundreds of feet, and may be thousands all the back lit little motes would dance in the blue in such quality they looked like sparkling plankton in the night sea.. Beautiful...

And you should be checked for a brain aneurism... It might kill you before you have time to say good bye.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » seeing photons?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:52:15