Chatroom

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:35 am
Why are the chatroom always empty? Sad

jgweed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:50 am
@Henrik phil,
The philosophical answer:Because no one is there.
The practical answer: it may be because of the time difference between Norway and the US (where a great majority of our Members reside).

Khethil

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:37 am
@jgweed,
Hey, I've got an idea...

... perhaps this belongs somewhere else. But what about this: Any user who'd like to "facilitate" a discussion could post a Topic, Date and Time and any Ground Rules.

Huh? Huh? Yes? Maybe?

jgweed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:57 am
@Henrik phil,
One can, I think, create a special "room" in chat for that purpose, Khethil. This seems a very good use of the facility.
I will bring up your suggestion for staff discussion today.
John

OctoberMist

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:02 pm
@Henrik phil,
Henrik said:

Quote:

Why are the chatroom always empty? Sad
It is haunted by the ghost of Lorne Greene.
http://www.csdm.qc.ca/petite-bourgogne/calendrier/images/dec/5/Lorne_Greene45.jpg

Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:50 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:
Hey, I've got an idea...

... perhaps this belongs somewhere else. But what about this: Any user who'd like to "facilitate" a discussion could post a Topic, Date and Time and any Ground Rules.

Huh? Huh? Yes? Maybe?

Yes, exactly! We use the calendar to post discussions, so that everybody knows when, and can plan ahead.

bundo

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 03:12 pm
@Henrik phil,
the chat room is always empty because people are always online from 5-10min at a time

Vasska

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 02:16 am
@bundo,
It's not always empty. But:

1) Time difference between Europe and America.
2) The chat has been hidden well only accessible by clicking the MSN Messenger like icon. I'm sure this scare some people away.
3) People don't care about it
4) Most people are only on this forum about 10~20 minutes, most of the time arguing with each other.
5) Nothing really interesting gets said on the chat that can't be said on the forum.
6) Should i go on?

schloopfeng

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 05:24 am
@Henrik phil,
It's probably due to the banning of smoking in public places:lol:

Ennui phil

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:18 am
@Henrik phil,
When humanity does not take their initiative to be in the chat room,others are not being galvanized or stimulated into chatting,and it recurs ad infinitum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:18:10