Congratulations!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:18 pm
@Pangloss,
For the sake of ease in tracking quotes, especially after threads have been dormant for some time, the moderating team at this forum strongly advises that all members include the full quote tags for each quote. This is easy to do, in fact, just as easy as quoting without them - therefore, using the full tag should be no problem whatsoever.

Insulting a moderator for pointing out some of our basic forum policy is inappropriate and will end.

Thank you,
DT

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:19 pm
@BrightNoon,
Im not chiding you , I've asked you politely, what about three times now? Once should've been enough. I have asked others members politely at first too as I did with you ok so its not on anymore, any more of this and I will report your posts ok. I dont know why you can't see how to learn to quote properly, please, pray tell me why?
Thanks.

Pangloss

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:29 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;91570 wrote:
the moderating team at this forum strongly advises that all members include the full quote tags for each quote. This is easy to do, in fact, just as easy as quoting without them - therefore, using the full tag should be no problem whatsoever.

Great, here's all I needed was an explanation on how to fix the quote and not someone telling me to track down a video that I've never heard of before. In regards to things that are easy to do, I would think that just sending me a PM is just as easy, or probably much easier, than making a post about this matter.

Thanks.

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:36 pm
@BrightNoon,
It's at the top of the main forums page under the chat box, to the left, ok.
Thanks.

---------- Post added 09-18-2009 at 08:38 PM ----------

I think it can also be found on youtube under how to multiquote at the philosophyforum.com done by Justin if you google it. (I think).

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 07:58 pm
@Caroline,
Sometimes a PM is easier, other times, a friendly post is easier - in this case, I prefer Caroline's decision to use a post. Why? Because you are not alone in quoting habits.

As for my involvement, a post was the far better decision - insulting other members is against forum rules, and so is insulting moderators.

I am happy to learn that you do not have any further problems with the policy. Thanks.

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 03:45 am
@BrightNoon,
People, people, will you quit it.
Pangloss, just copy-paste full quote tags.
Caroline, quit spaming the thread.

It's talk like a pirate day! Post like a pirate!

Caroline

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 03:49 am
@BrightNoon,
I beg your paredon Nero but I was asked and I was told to moderate in private but I was busy last night and didn't have time to do it in private, I have now been asked not to do it again by my superiors, I'm sorry Nero.
Thank you.
Peace out.

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 03:55 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;91722 wrote:
I beg your paredon Nero but I was asked and I was told to moderate in private but I was busy last night and didn't have time to do it in private, I have now been asked not to do it again by my superiors, I'm sorry Nero.
Thank you.
Peace out.

It's ok. But this has going on for a page or so, in a thread about politics.
If people don't want to follow the rules, ban 'em. Arrr.

Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:22 am
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero;91725 wrote:

RAmen! Arg, ye be a pirate to help solves thee global warmin'. yip! yip!

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:53 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;91748 wrote:
RAmen! Arg, ye be a pirate to help solves thee global warmin'. yip! yip!

Yarrrrr, Jim Lad. Ye salty sea dog has correctly identified thee problem. Arrrrrr.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:36:48