No comment

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:20 pm
screenshot taken from
Dow Jones Industrial Average Index Stock Chart INDU Free realtime streaming Stock Historical Charts

http://www.poseidons.net/dow-n.jpg

:shocked: :poke-eye: :eek:

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:03 pm
@Poseidon,
That's standard market volatility and well within 2 standard deviations of the median. It seems bad, and the media will do everything in their power to make it seem like the sky is falling, but it has happened many times before, and after many of the recessions the U.S. has faced, it has been followed by a larger period of growth and earnings. For example, since 1948, there have been 9 recessions. (2000, 1990, 1981, 1973, etc.) Also, and this is not a factually based assumption... but do you see the pattern in the recessions? Hmmm.

But this volitility is essential to a healthy economy... and I might add a good sign for technical and fundamental traders. Personally, I have been able to buy into a few positions that I would not have normally been able to buy into, like Potash Saskatchewan (POT). I'm sure others are seeing the silver lining to all of this as well.

TickTockMan

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:27 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon;27030 wrote:
That's standard market volatility and well within 2 standard deviations of the median. It seems bad, and the media will do everything in their power to make it seem like the sky is falling, but it has happened many times before, and after many of the recessions the U.S. has faced, it has been followed by a larger period of growth and earnings. For example, since 1948, there have been 9 recessions. (2000, 1990, 1981, 1973, etc.) Also, and this is not a factually based assumption... but do you see the pattern in the recessions? Hmmm.

But this volitility is essential to a healthy economy... and I might add a good sign for technical and fundamental traders. Personally, I have been able to buy into a few positions that I would not have normally been able to buy into, like Potash Saskatchewan (POT). I'm sure others are seeing the silver lining to all of this as well.

Good call VideCorSpoon!

Glad to see not everyone is screaming in terror. I almost sent some money to my mutual fund manager early last week, but for some reason I held off. This is the week to do it, methinks.

Buy while there's blood in the streets, as they say.

jgweed

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:12 pm
@TickTockMan,
Buy low; sell high.

Judicious purchases now and in the near future, assuming you have surplus funds, will easily make a pile (otherwise known as a s-load) of money in four or five years.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:07:31