Our Core, The Observer

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Our Core, The Observer

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 06:32 am
i have been thinking lately on our core the observing state. i have been thinking that this fact, the observer, is unlike anything else in the universe. what are the buildingblock of the observer. and where is the observer when we are uncounsious? how do we know we are the same after waking up? do the border of the observable lie in the observer or in the world? many questions. other out there who have interest in this topic. the pure observer comes when there is nothing to observe, maybe?:brickwall:

cocobean

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:21 am
@backworldman,
there are no pure observers, all judgements are value judgements, we are self-monitoring and other monitoring

jgweed

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:28 am
@cocobean,
Isn't most of our life more about action than observation, as I understand your definition? We seem to attend to an object only when it serves some purpose.

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:42 pm
@jgweed,
Some might say that the duality of Observer and Observed is false. . . observer and observed are one.

Justin

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:06 pm
@backworldman,
This post was moved out of the New member forum as it is not an introduction. Please take a moment to introduce yourself and feel free to continue on with this thread. Thank you!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Our Core, The Observer
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:13:02