Get on the Chat!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Get on the Chat!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:25 pm
Really, folks. This is an awesome new feature. Let's use it. I'll be on for the next few hours, anyway. Come on in.

If I do not immediately respond, I've probably gone for a smoke. Not to worry; a few minutes and I'll be back.

Let's not let Justin's hard work go to waste. I think we should use the chat to get to know one another a little better.

Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
People, its better than skype, gmail, and msn.

(never been on MSN)

Don't know if this helps but for the chat, if everybody starts two tabs when logging on to forum, then one can be for chat and the other for browsing, that way you don't miss anything. It could be automated too or something.

There is one flaw to it. Every time I go to load it up again, it resets itself so I can't see the old stuff.

And how do you invite people who aren't already on the chat?

Khethil

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 06:14 am
@Holiday20310401,
Very snazzy!

Empty, but nice :a-ok:

Justin

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:07 am
@Holiday20310401,
There's no way to invite at this moment. It's in the works and eventually we'll have this feature but currently that function is not available. What I'm trying to do is get the correct module so I can convert this forum to the new portal page and on that front page would be a box showing who's in chat. If there was an easy was to see who's in there or at the very least how many people are in there, then users would more likely drop in.

For those of you who don't already know, at the bottom of the page there's a What's Going On box and in that box there is a who's in chat box. This actually shows who's in the chat room at any given time. I'll try to have this box on every page of the forum on the next upgrade.

Khethil

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:25 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
There's no way to invite at this moment. It's in the works and eventually we'll have this feature but currently that function is not available. What I'm trying to do is get the correct module so I can convert this forum to the new portal page and on that front page would be a box showing who's in chat. If there was an easy was to see who's in there or at the very least how many people are in there, then users would more likely drop in.

Thanks to you and all who work/give so we can enjoy this place. Many kudos

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Get on the Chat!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/17/2024 at 10:12:34