A new type of Aircraft

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » A new type of Aircraft

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:18 pm
I believe I have discovered a new type of aircraft.

http://www.poseidons.net/animations/little-pixiwing.gif

http://www.poseidons.net/air-wheel/spinning-wing/airwheel-in-flight2.jpg

I also believed that I have for the first time correctly described the 'principles of flight' (as a consequence of this).

http://www.poseidons.net/flight/Principlesofflight.htm

However, the dogmatic scientific community insists "If it were possible, then someone else would have done it already."

Yet none of them are willing to even try the ruler test.

http://www.poseidons.net/air-wheel/alternative-flight/ruler-test-for-air-wheel.jpg

THrow the ruler HARD so that it spins backwards.

It reminds me of "we will not look through the telescope, because we KNOW there are no moons of jupiter".

I thus have turned to philosophy to express myself.

http://www.poseidons.net/air-wheel/pixiwing-5.gif

This is the best shape for the wing, as the ruler is unstable.

It is infinitely better than a helicopter in terms of stability. And in strong winds; it even stabilizes better than in no wind. Even to the point of using the magnus effect to use the energy in the wind to keep spinning; thus in windy conditions it requires little or no energy; and may even land with more power in its lithium batteries than it took off with!

Please do the experiment before commenting. IE look through the telescope BEFORE you decide on Jupiter's moons!

;-j

Arjen

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 03:54 pm
@Poseidon,
I've read the bit that you've added before when I was a young kid. That was about 25 years ago. The part you have added to the conventional aircraft is the shape of the wings because it will create the bubble of air beneath the wings, right?

How did you come up with it?

Poseidon

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:48 pm
@Arjen,
Arjen wrote:
I've read the bit that you've added before when I was a young kid. That was about 25 years ago. The part you have added to the conventional aircraft is the shape of the wings because it will create the bubble of air beneath the wings, right?

How did you come up with it?

Well the shape of the wing, stops the slew effect. The ruler slews to the side, effectively capsizing. The treads on a tyre, the fins on a surfboard, and the 'V' shape of a boat's hull do the same.

I first discovered the ruler test in 1983 at age 13. I cut a piece of paper and it spun to the ground. I then inductively tried throwing the ruler. I was then beaten unconscious by a school teacher for writing a bad poem, and had an epileptic seizure; and completely forgot about it.

I had always been interested in aircraft design and was determined to find a new type of aircraft (like a flying car) that would replace the motorcar, as I believe these death-traps are past their time of usefulness.

I had just recovered from another siezure during a similarly traumatic period in my life (divorce and being robbed by the legal system as a consequence).

I remember watching a program (ironically) on formula 1 car design, where they expressed that the wheels spinning forward cause down force. Well, I reasoned, surely then, the wheel spinning backward would create upforce?

Immediately I remembered the ruler test. I experimented with a variety of wing shapes until I found one that did not have the slew effect. These are some of the designs that I worked with :

http://www.poseidons.net/air-wheel/spinning-wing/air-wing-squadron.jpg

Here is another picture of a model in flight.

http://www.poseidons.net/air-wheel/spinning-wing/ornithopter-2.jpg

The flying pictures were taken in gale force winds, which ironically, are the best conditions for testing it. Nature's wind tunnel!

Arjen

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:10 am
@Poseidon,
That is just great I think. I have to pardon my previous message by the way. I did not mean that I had read about the pixie wing before. I ment the utalisation of the 'air-bubble'. I know it is a part of conventional aerodynamics as well, but how did you conclude that this was the part to improve on?

iconoclast

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
@Arjen,

Poseidon

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:21 pm
@iconoclast,
Quote:

but how did you conclude that this was the part to improve on?

Now that is a tricky question.
I suppose I just guessed and guessed. Trial and error. Until it worked.

The second shape that I tried was based on a sin curve (That largish one in the bottom right of the pic with all the models on it.)

It just seemed a good idea to try other shapes, and to start with natural geometry. I had been working on 'fractals' (fraxtals as they are not REAL fractals), and had speant some time visualising math as a consequence.

And btw, it turns by simply opening a hole in one of the wings, creating uneven airflow.

Quote:

Son of Adam, you have eaten of the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Now swallow!
:shifty:
Its easier to bite than to swallow!

Arjen

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:08 pm
@Poseidon,
The reason I am so interested in this is because I had read about this in a book concerning the Roswell incident. One of the people who had actually seen the craft said there where two devices which were like engines, but he could not figure out why or what they did. He described the effect of the one he could not figure out (note: it is not the working, but the function that he did not understand) as manipulating the energy (or air? I am not remembering this 100%) below. It was clear of this engine that he knew what it did, but not why.

At the time I was wondering if anything that was in the book was true at all. I decided to remember this little piece because it would be something that would be hard to keep on the wraps. It would have to be part of normal aviation in a way. To me this goes a long to the credibility of the witness.

Anyway, I had forgotten all about it. At the time I had no way of checking this out. I was only young and internet was not what it was today.

Anyway, to get back on topic a great control of the air bubble would create more stability, right? Like the Spitfires. Do you think it could be easily applied in helicopters for instance? That might benefit rescue operations and such.

Poseidon

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:51 pm
@Arjen,
Now YOU're spinning ME out!

This design was in Roswell! No way! (stares aghast in disbelief)
(I'm not going to sleep tonite)
I have never even been to SOUTH America!

I seriously believe that the pixiwing is superior to the helicopter in every way.
It flys better in windy conditions, because it sucks the energy out of the air! Its a flying windmill that uses the wind to fly! So long as the wing is jagged, it is stable. The more jagged, the more stable it is.

It is more stable than any other type of aircraft. It cannot capsize like a helicopter, and it cannot stall like an aeroplane. (Unless the axle actually breaks)

A further use :
With two such wings moving against one another, it has perfect VTOL.

A further use :
Imagine 20 000 or more of these things confronting a hurricane? BEFORE it reached cuba. They would not only shrink it, they could also deflect it (if it got too powerful), and it would require little or no fuel, in fact, they would land with more fuel in them than what they took off with. Battery overload could be a problem, though.

I recommend lithium batteries. But I'm not sure on that point. I had a cheap radio control aeroplane made of styrofoam, where the battery and engine weighed less than a box of matches.

ROSWELL! No way!
I've never even met an alien!

Arjen

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:55 pm
@Poseidon,
I was a little shaken by it as well. I wonder what exactly jolted my memory. I hadn't thought of that in 15 years or so.

Poseidon

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@Arjen,
No clue as to how I can confirm the Roswell connection?

Arjen

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 04:14 pm
@Poseidon,
I am going to contact my father and see where he has deposited his books and try to get to it. He has volunteerd for community work in Kameroen. He will be away a year. If (or hopefully when) I have done so I will let you know.

Poseidon

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 05:12 pm
@Poseidon,
I have made a video of the pixiwing in action :

Rotating Wing: The Air Wheel: The PixiWing: The Ornithopter?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » A new type of Aircraft
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:21:58