DREAMS

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Deftil

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:10 am
@Khethil,
Khethil;24057 wrote:
I had a long bought of Night Terrors when I was younger. Anyone who's had these (and remembers them) wouldn't confuse them with Nightmares. Anyone here had any of these?

I've had some dreams that were extremely vivid, scary, and that I've woken up from physically moving/squirming in response to things in the dream. Not sure if they would be counted as full blown night terrors, but they had to be close.

Has anyone ever had any dreams that seemed to change their opinion of a person? For example, once when I was in 4th grade, there was a girl in my class that I didn't find attractive or generally likeable in any particular way. One night, for some reason I had a dream where I thought she was great; attractive, fun, and I was madly in love with her. From that day on, my impression of her was totally different. I found her attractive and much more likeable in real life than I previously had!
Perhaps I hadn't liked her before because she was a girl, and not a very popular one at that, at an age when I was coming to terms with being interested in girls. Deep down, I might have wanted to like her, but wouldn't let myself. It's weird though, because I could have sworn that I REALLY didn't like this girl, but after that dream, I couldn't get my mind off of her!

Does anyone have any methods for waking themselves up from dreams? I suppose to want to wake yourself up from a dream you have to be lucid dreaming to a degree in that you are aware that you are dreaming, but the dream might not be going the way you'd like so you choose to try to wake yourself up. My method is to close my eyes really hard and concentrate on waking up. It works quite efficiently for me. Sometimes right before something bad is about to happen, I wake myself up just in the nick of time. One time when I was younger, I had a dream where an armed burglar was in my house, and I had hidden in a kitchen cabinet under the counter. Apparently the burglar heard or saw me go in there and was coming for me. For some reason I realized I was dreaming, so I closed my eyes really hard to wake up, and managed to wake up right before he got to me. Phew!

astrotheological

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:29 pm
@Khethil,
I get night terrors as well and they suck.
For some reason I can only remember dreams right after I have unless they are lucid. Then they are easier to remember.

astrotheological

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@astrotheological,
To wake up from a dream especially from a bad one I usually think of a migrane. Or I try to close my eyes in the dream and ignore everything.

sarathustrah

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:57 am
@astrotheological,
yeah i have very frequent nightmares... but many of them would qualify for terrors... i just never liked that word... doesnt sound good together... like ive dreamt of fighting a monster before... id call it a nightmare... but then ive been partially eatin by one, left for dead and having to crawl through puddles of bugs and fire to try to get to help... all feeling very real... and thats not even one of the really bad ones...

but i remembered another clock dream... i woke up at 6am and had to catch a flight at 7am, but my bags werent packed, i needed to shower, and it turns out my clothes were all wet and needed to be put in the dryer and then i couldnt find my keys, always glancing at the clock through the whole dream...

i think i do have more "anxious" or "annoying" dreams than terrors though... but id swap terrors for nothing but anxious dreams.

Has anyone ever had any dreams that seemed to change their opinion of a person?
yes... in a similar way as your example.... but more often i wake up angry at someone for what they did in the dream, regardless of knowing they didnt really do it... ive even accidentally yelled at matt for a dream about messin with the thermostat i thought really happened but turns out it was a dream...

Does anyone have any methods for waking themselves up from dreams?
no... i try and try sometimes... i dont think i have really woke myself up but i dunno for sure

as far as remembering goes... i remember my dreams with better clarity than some of my real life memories... but when i wake up, and i want to remember i keep my eyes closed til i summarize it... then i get up and write it down... if i wake up suddenly or by alarm and i have to think the dream fades quickly... after i write it down, i can remember it much better... if i dont wanna remember, i sit straight up, immediatly get up and watch a cartoon or somethin... i have some weird writing-memory ability tho... if i write it, ill remember it... i even can remember specific things about books i read... like "mid way through the book, top left page, before the big paragraph, is my favorite quote"
but its not as good as that one memory thing i heard about before... photographic... what was it... i dunno...

anyone ever wake up to go to the bathroom then fall back asleep and pick up on the dream you left off on as if you never even got up?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:08:03