11:11

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:47 pm
im just wondering if anyone else experiences a billion strange coincidences all the time...

like im haunted by the number 11... all the time i see the clock at 1:11 and 11:11 and when i get a receipt the amount left on my card will be 111.11
or like i was let go from my last job on january 11th... even the 11th page of a book i checked out was torn out...

but thats not even as far as the coincidence thing goes... and i have family and friends as witness to this strange coincidence thing i got goin on...

like my sister came to visit and i was describing the changes in the local zoo and told her about how you can adopt a patch of garden along the path and how it makes the zoo look pretty nice now, and this one lady has a wizard of oz themed one... then just minutes later my mom holds up the paper and theres an article about that very one...
and i hadnt seen the article or known of any reason why it might be mentioned...

or a few times matt and i would talk about someone we havent seen in forever, then that same day we'll see them.

and these types of coincidences happen with such frequency, that i have to wonder what coincidence even is...

i mean this isnt even a fraction of the amount of examples i could give... but i was just hopin anyone else might have this stuff happen so much...

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:50 pm
@sarathustrah,
I think the 11 just stands out. We have a tendency to notice and remember that the clock says 11:11, but do we notice when the clock says 8:43? I doubt we look at the clock more often at 11:11 than 8:43, I think the dual 11s just stand out more in our mind.

sarathustrah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:57 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
i know what your sayin... for the first 2 years of seein it every single day, i thought... well i prolly check the time enough to catch this... and "odds" have a funny way of working...

and with only 9 digits and only so many ways of arrangement... many patterns can be observed... but this... this feels weirder...

cause like 2 days in a row now ive woken up at 12:34... and it does stand out so i remember that... but its different...

Justin

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:52 pm
@sarathustrah,
Hmm... not sure what it means. I did a quick search in Google and here's what I found:

Quote:
In systems such as Astrology and basic Numerology, eleven is considered to be a Master Number. Eleven can also represent sin; transgression and peril. Ten being the perfect number, eleven represents the exceeding of both. It is interesting to note that eleven when broken down ( 1+1=2) comprises the Two of duality. Number eleven is a master vibration and as such should not be reduced to a single number.People with this number could be both idealistic and visionary, and they are attracted to the unknown.They can be both unusual, interesting and magnetic personalities.
Found Here!

Quote:
In numerology, the number 11 is considered to be the most psychic number. I always see the number 11 too like when I look at the clock, etc. I was born on the 11th day and people that were born on the 11th day or the 11th month are more likely to having psychic sensitivity to some degree.

In numerology 11 is a master number. So is 22 and 33. If you feel such a strong connection to the number chances are your name also vibrates to the energy of the number eleven you should look into some books on numerology and either do your own reading or have a numerologist read your name as well as your birth number which is the numerical equivalent of your date of birth reduced to a single digit unless it's a master number

an example is October 16 1978
10+16+1978=2004=2+0+0+4=6
birth number is 6
Found Here!
Quote:
When I was 11, I had to endure one of the strangest years in my life. My parents were separated. I spent 3 months living with my mom and my sister in a hotel in which the room was more like an efficency apartment. My mom could not find a job, and we depended on her brother and what little my father gave to my mom for child support as he didn't tell the truth to the judge about his income. I was asked to give up a spot in my school, my boyfriend (who forgot about me while I was away as I could not call him or write him) and I performed poorly at my new school. Besides performing poorly, the only things I remember about that school was someone taking my pencil and denying it, and learning about leder songs of Schubert. My mother knew how lonely I felt, and she was desperately lonely herself, having no friends for support.
Read the rest here!
Quote:
Hoax: The Number 11 and its Significance for the Illuminati
- by Unknown
(Posted here by Wes Penre: Dec 10, 2005)
[This article has been circulating on the Internet for quite a while. At the first glance, it may look pretty interesting, but after a little research it is obvious that parts of it is a hoax. Sure enough, the number 11 is a significant number for the Illuminati, and is indeed present during the terror attacks, but there is still misinformation in this article. I will show you where... My comments are in brackets. Wes Penre.]

1) New York City has 11 letters. [Correct]

2) Afghanistan has 11 letters. [Correct]

3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters. [ False! Ramsin Yuseb didn't do the 9/11 attack. Besides, in 4) below, Bush's middle initial is used, which is not the case with Yuseb. This is inconsistency which changes the outcome.]

Read the rest right here!

After browsing much of these, it would be easy for you to be influenced by what others have written. You could do a search on many numbers and you will get many different assumptions and with respect, are just assumptions. That number can only be what you make of it.

I'm also good with numbers of the sort and have had similar experiences. It's something we create within our consciousness and if not understood or controlled in some way, can change our effect based on our perceptions and our perceptions can be swayed one way or another through the information provided... so don't take any of it to heart because ultimately, You are in control.

Take it with a grain of salt. Make the best of today!

sarathustrah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 05:58 pm
@Justin,
ive seen the mumbo jumbo 11 stuff... and ive been told theres some thing about people wishing when they see 11:11 on the clock... and something else about its supposed to be for meditation...

though i appreciate the amount of research done for me Smile

but its not JUST the numbers... and i did get into numerology because of it and found some interesting stuff... like the phone numbers of me, my mom and my sister all add up to the same number... my birthdate adds up to 32.. (7-1-1986) and 23 does a good job at being EVERYWHERE

then you can do the whole numerology a=1 b=2.... but then what if i speak spanish and english... it wouldnt work out with everything... and what if the clocks not on the right time... it makes no sense then...

but all this started in like middle school.. before i even had all this stuff to fuel it... to PUT the idea in my head...

but i didnt mean just clock coincidences... i mean major stuff too... like.. the whole seeing people we just talk about... sayin stuff right before it happens...

like we got some taco bell one day and matt made a remark he hopes they dont screw it up... so i say theyve never messed my order up here before... then i say but watch, now that ive said it, they will mess it up.... and sure enough, we were given hard shell tacos when we asked for soft supremes... and i view this one as a possible case of probability and heightened sense of logic...

but after the amount of times stuff like this happens.. i cant help but keep wondering... not that i think it means anything or like the mumbo jumbo "in tune with the universe" stuff...

but i was just wondering how frequently people experience coincidences...

not just number related... but anything that you would say "oh what a coincidence" .... i shoulda made it a "share your coincidences" thread... 11:11 was just my most frequent thing... it was a quick decision....

oh yeah... i also wanted to mention:
the whole biological clock thing... i wonder if that would be appropriate to make a new thread... id imagine so... i think ill do that now Razz hmm now i gotta figure out the appropriate category for time and body related philosophy lol

Khethil

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:09 am
@sarathustrah,
I believe the mind sees patterns constantly; even if not at the forefront of our consciousness.

Given the complexity of how we live (the deluge of numbers to mean <this> or <that>, identification, serializing, assemblages of numbers, acronyms, representational symbols, etc) the number of potential correlations and coincidences must be astronomical. Coincidence is all around is - the more sensitized a person is to such correlations; I believe, the more likely it is they'll be awe-struck and pose just such a question.

And no, I have no answers. Neat stuff, nice thread. :a-ok:

cupofcoffees

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:46 am
@Khethil,
Coincidences can lead to what some may call 'fate'- a metaphysical and unproven state of predeterminism. I personally pay no attention to correlation of events; the less they're made insignificant, the less you will ignore them.

sarathustrah

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
@cupofcoffees,
cupofcoffees wrote:
Coincidences can lead to what some may call 'fate'- a metaphysical and unproven state of predeterminism. I personally pay no attention to correlation of events; the less they're made insignificant, the less you will ignore them.

fate and freewill is my most frequent debate with people... i say cant have both at once... its either one or the other... but i still am not even close to a decision... but back to coincidences:

yesterday, my gramma, mom and I went to some craft show... gramma was talkin about how she got a new tv with a dvd thing built in or somethin and asked if i wanted her old one... said i already had 1 for every tv.. she said well just take it, never know when one will break

last night i put in a movie and it wouldnt read it... im like crap noooo dont tell me its scratched, but i couldnt see any scratches... looked brand new so we pick out a new movie... it didnt work... tried 6 movies and non would read.... laser is broken

good thing i got another dvd player today right?

i mean stuff like this is constant... daily... sometimes ALL day... number patterns like i said... is hardly the main point of it...

its like probability and odds have went totally out of whack for me or somethin

cupofcoffees

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:27 am
@sarathustrah,
Luck of the Irish?

madel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 12:18 pm
@cupofcoffees,
I've had these experiences too, though none that necessarily link to anything in particular. I'm just sensitive to noticing serendipidous events.

There are, of course, several ways to look at these, and some have been touched on already, but it seems to me this thread boils down to, if we had to put it in question form, is "If it means anything, what does it (or could it) mean?"

With that posed, this is what I'm seeing:

One could take the stance that it means something, or that that it doesn't.

If one takes the stance that it doesn't, then that person has to answer why they occur, to which he or she would probably respond with what has been responded with here - our mind notices certain things regardless, and we program ourselves to notice certain things regardless. At that point, yes, noticing many coincidences during the course of a day just means that you are exceptionally tuned in to "your world."

That is, you are more likely than others to notice on a conscious level the patterns you see, events that take place, colors, people, conversations, etc and because you've been "programing" yourself to see coincidences on a conscious level since you were little, you are thus more likely to notice coincidences than those around you. You probably are just as able to pick up on coincidences in others' lives as you are to pick up on them in your own because for you every little thing that happens may be imporant later - you subconsciously choose to remember it, which means you can link to it later when something similar enough happens.

A person from this point of view would probably also point out that not *everything* that could include an 11 (for example) in your life, does. It appears you were not born on the eleventh of a month, and based on not mentioning it, you probably were not born in the eleventh month, or hour of a day, though chances are (because we are great at finding correlations), something about your birth involves the number 11 (something divides evenly by it, there were 11 people waiting, two other numbers involved add up to it, you took a mere 11 seconds to shoot out of the womb, your mom had taken 11 breaths just before you were officially born, etc). Unfortunately, you were a wee bit too young to have really started taking note of patterns yet.

What I think is interesting about this viewpoint is that so often it's made out to seem like a bad thing that a person is noticing these coincidences...my suspicion is that it mostly means a different psychology, and those same skills developed by noticing those patterns are useful for other things! From this point of view, as long as one recognizes that this is all it is (well, "this" still being fairly complicated), then continuing to see those patterns is not going to take over one's life or cause one to become obsessed with pi, etc. But that's a sidenote.

All of that make sense? I'm never sure what I'm writing does :p

Of course...there is the other end: That it *does* mean something. If a person takes this view, then one has to come from some sort of base which would allow the coinidences to mean something.

For example, a belief in certain sorts of god(s) would allow these coincidences to mean, potentially, that you are seeing a sort of "hidden" aspect of divinity. That is, you are seeing more clearly than others the underlying workings of the universe, so to speak.

I had intended to go into more on this side of the argument, since it has thus far been underrepresented, but apparently the football game for today has started and I'm required to watch it. Le sigh.

But then, looking at how much I've typed already, it's probably a pretty fortunate coincidence for everyone that I have to watch football Wink

sarathustrah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:33 am
@madel,
madel wrote:

What I think is interesting about this viewpoint is that so often it's made out to seem like a bad thing that a person is noticing these coincidences...my suspicion is that it mostly means a different psychology, and those same skills developed by noticing those patterns are useful for other things! From this point of view, as long as one recognizes that this is all it is (well, "this" still being fairly complicated), then continuing to see those patterns is not going to take over one's life or cause one to become obsessed with pi, etc. But that's a sidenote.

its certainly not a curse... :bigsmile:
its definitely not an obsession with me, but its so frequent it has to come to my mind when i experience it... but its not like it bugs me and im out to get to the bottom of it... but its very interesting to experience
ive hardly tried to decide if theres rhyme or reason to any of it... and i think if anything it would be more of the psychology suggestion... i think i mentioned my highest suspicion is just a heightened sense of logic in most cases... but still the range of experiences is so broad there is no conceivable way to connect it all. what fits for most scenarios would be totally irrelevant on others... like logic has nothing to do with receiving a dvd player...

like you know the whole "jinx" thing people innocently refer to all the time...
like when planning a wedding if you ask the question "well what if it rains, whats the back up plan?" and you get the response "dont say that! itll jinx it!" ...then it rains and youre blamed
or when my dad had the pig roast... it rained and we all had to huddle on the gazebo and in the house til it passed... i spent some time in the gazebo and a lady made the comment "oh it only rained cause i washed my car today... its my fault" then i ran inside to hang out with my gramma for a bit... and totally unaware of the car lady, another lady said she just got this fancy new expensive umbrella but she didnt bring it, so of its HER fault it rained" which was funny... but its totally recognizable that you cant jinx events like weather...

so stuff like this complicates like every theory you could come up with when it comes to coincidences odds and probability :brickwall:

Ennui phil

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:05 pm
@sarathustrah,
Do not be too apprehended by the number 11,I am conversant with it,it is an adverse number to people.11 appears fortuitously and is not atypical,those who had experience with the 11 should have an ennui or hallucination.People live in the eleventh floor,et cetera.It is literally fortuitous.

Marat phil

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:45 pm
@sarathustrah,

Yogi DMT

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:41 pm
@sarathustrah,
Me and my friend used to talk about this. It is quite strange. I do not believe this is because the number stands out. I don't check the clock every 5 mins, i might check it 2-3 times in an hour. And when you seem to catch the clock at 11:11 frequently it seems to be the workings of some sort of internal clock. This would require an extremely accurate subconscious clock. A conscious mental temporal recognition ability wouldn't be able to be so precise. There is no supernatural meaning behind it because that's a load of BS. I'm quite sure though, i definitely had some similar experiences. Very interesting.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:22:50