The Thread of forum compliments

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » The Thread of forum compliments

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:30 am
I think Philosophyforum rocks more than Led Zepplin doing a live performence at Stone Hendge!

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the makers of this forum, all the mods that bust those us who are naughty, and everyone who contributes posts to all the discussions that makes this my favouritest forum on the interweb!

I like learnding new things and its so nice to speak to others on the same philosophical mindset, rather than to neanderthals who accept everything their told despite consistent contradictions in the mass media.

None the less, I love the forums and you better to
(if you don't I'll have to get out my machine gun) :big-guns: :eek:
_________________________________________^Me^ ^you^

So post your thanks to whoever you want as a whole or individually, and let everyone know what you think of the forums!

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:36 am
@one-philosophy,
I think I've said this elsewhere on the forums, but...

This is by far my favorite philosophy forum on the internet; and I've visited many of them. Justin does a great job creating and molding this community into an open and friendly place.

one-philosophy

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:41 am
@Didymos Thomas,
I'm a bit new to the forums, but because I studied a year in college philosophy and I use philosophize when I was a kid, and obviously due to the great friendly atmosphere, I find it so easy to adapt to everything. In most forums I see you have people argueing and SHOUTING.
You'd think in a place like a philosophy forum you'd have the most disagreements and thus the most spam/hate-posts. But whats been done I must say, is that the effect the forum has on everyone means there can't be fighting because how can you fight peace? It doesn't work!
Long live Philosophy! What the ignorant claim to be the cause of all wars!

Justin

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
@one-philosophy,
one-philosophy wrote:
I think Philosophyforum rocks more than Led Zepplin doing a live performence at Stone Hendge!

That's a lot of Rock! :bigsmile: Thank you for the compliments on the forum. It's a unified effort on everyones part and a philosophy forum is often the most volatile of them all. It's truly a blessing that this community works as hard as it does to be kind and as understanding to each other. Thank you again for taking notice.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
This is by far my favorite philosophy forum on the internet; and I've visited many of them. Justin does a great job creating and molding this community into an open and friendly place.

Thank you Didymos! It hasn't been just myself though. If it weren't for all of you who participate here actively, this forum would not be what it is.

Thank all of you for being here and participating. It's easy to get angry and attack with words or allow our ego to take control of our actions. The thanks goes to all of you who put effort and thought into your words and works. We can promote peaceful dialog even though we may not always agree with each other and hope we can continue on this path as we all grow.

I'd like to especially thank the moderators for their voluntary participation and commitment to this community. They can make or break a community such as this so if you get a chance, thank them. (not in any certain order)

Aedes - for actively participating in the forums and providing us with an academic understanding of our physical environment and his dedication to the growth of this community.

Aristoddler - (currently away on extended internet outtage) for being an active member of this community and always taking the high road and being the voice of reason.

Boagie - Not only our top poster and most active member from day 1, but also never forgets to greet new members and welcome everyone who comes here with a little innocent humor.

Didymos Thomas - Another long time member who brings another voice of reason into this forum and promotes peaceful dialog and a sense of community.

Philosopherqueen - For volunteering in the pop culture forums and inspiring the younger generation to participate within the forums.

Pythagorean - another long time member of this forum who actively leads by example and brings yet another voice of reason to the forum. He has also been dedicated to the continued growth in a manner which promotes peace.

Wizzy - We haven't seen him in a while but he has also been an advocate of peace within the forums as well as inspiring the young members to participate more actively.

Click on their name to see their profile and feel free to drop them a quick thank you or message on their profile. I thank them all for volunteering their time and their commitment to serve this community and it's members as we continue to grow.

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:50 pm
@Justin,
This is easily the best philosophy forum on the Interwebs and it will probably continue to get better with time. The originality of the arguments here are much better than other places where many forums seem to be plagued by old members arguing the same things over and over again. Keep up the good work everyone.

Arjen

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 01:35 pm
@Theaetetus,
I would like to say that I like this forum very much as well. I think the setup stimulates people into seperating their thoughts before posting into a subforum. That way details can be worked out more easily. I also enjoy the introductions into certain topics or philosophers. I think it helps peoples research along and also helps boost the depth of the posts.

Apart from that I have met a few people here whom I have come to appreciate for their interest in matters, and ofcourse their unique viewpoints. Especially I would like to thank Justin. I think he makes for an excellent administrator in the sense that he allows people to be themselves and to allow growth in the sense of none-judging.

Last, but not least I would like to thank all contributors for their contributions. It is the combined efforts of us all which makes this forum so nice.

Arjen

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 02:11 pm
@Arjen,
One thing I do recommend though--get rid of the censored words. Most of the topics discussed are more mature than a bunch of "swear" words. Some times they are necessary--especially in creative writing when a certain emotion needs to be expressed. Considering that bull**** is also a legitimate philosophic topic, we should be able to discuss the topic without the topic itself being censored.

BeatsMeWhy

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:25 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Boagie - Not only our top poster and most active member from day 1, but also never forgets to greet new members and welcome everyone who comes here with a little innocent humor.

Not only that, he even bothers to read people's profiles...
Which, I assume, we all fill in in the hope of catching other forum members' attention.:Cara_2:

Thanks, Boagie!

one-philosophy

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 10:01 am
@BeatsMeWhy,
Maybe there should be an award ceromony or something.
You know, like:
Best Newcomer,
Most Contributions,
Most helpful,
Funniest,
Best argumentatist (one who makes the greatest arguments)

and of course the afamed Philosopher 2008

That would be cool, but it might cause competativeness or go off topic a bit

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » The Thread of forum compliments
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:40:37