One Of The Most amazing Videos You Will Ever Witness On Youtube

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » One Of The Most amazing Videos You Will Ever Witness On Youtube

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:22 pm
I have long been enamored by the celestial bodies, everything from our own local star, right up to gas giants and their composit.

Well, I was looking for the new information from NASA regarding their decision not to send the Cassini probe into the gaseous 'eye' of Saturn (Which is slightly questionable considering Cassini's nuclear payload,But I am certain it would be crushed within the atmosphere with ease.even though, in terms of astrophysics Saturn is unstable and 'about' to become a star) for another two years, and I came across this amazing footage of the Huygens probe (Part Of Cassini) making its entry through the atmophere and onto the alien landscape of Titan.

YouTube - Cassini-Huygens - Descent on Titan

This footage is incredible (Though I am certain some of you will have seen this anyway, it fills me with wonder!), they sent the commands to control the probe from Earth with as much power as a mobile phone signal! It even repeatedly scans the planets surface as it desends.

Your thoughts on any of the above, please!

Lazarius

Arjen

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:27 pm
@Lazarius,
Oh man! The video is no longer available!

Lazarius

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:35 pm
@Arjen,
Arjen wrote:
Oh man! The video is no longer available!

FIXED! I linked a better version of it Smile

Arjen

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:52 pm
@Lazarius,
In one word: WOW! I wonder what else can be found on Titan. It seems freezing, but it has water! I would love to see more!

Check out NASA btw:
NASA - Titan Descent Data Movie with Bells and Whistles - Movie

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » One Of The Most amazing Videos You Will Ever Witness On Youtube
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 04:57:58