Please read?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 12:43 am
This is something that just happened to me on the Church of Satan's forum. I would please ask someone to read this thread written by me and tell me if this guy has any reason to be rude to me like this:

Two of my threads are suddenly gone? - Letters to the Devil

Thank you in advance!

de budding

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:13 am
@Mephistopheles phil,
Not enough dialogue to tell really, from what I read I see you posted two things which were inexplicably deleted, yes that's rude but hay, maybe it was a glitch and the guy (RaSc) truly didn't know what happened.

What I found more interesting is why anyone would join such a blatantly elitist, self-centred and self indulgent website. I took a look at the CoS splash page 'We are looking for a few outstanding individuals' sounds like a lot of rubbish.

What is this 'church' then? A place for frustrated nihilists to sulk or some silly thing?

My advice is steer clear of such gatherings, it's unhealthy to build ones ego up by finding like minded people and revelling in 'how we're all right' or developing a set of 9 rules* and following them blindly. As is evident in your longer post in the dialogue, this just results in mega-hypocrisy.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

I'm not impressed and find it disappointing that such an infantile philosophy has made such a strong foundation for it self, reminds me of some childish phases I had in secondary school (high-school) when I was sadly a bit of a goth... an example (don't laugh- I'm the one with long hair playing bass guitar and shouting.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llgxtiKl_pg

Dan.

Mephistopheles phil

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:00 am
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
Not enough dialogue to tell really, from what I read I see you posted two things which were inexplicably deleted, yes that's rude but hay, maybe it was a glitch and the guy (RaSc) truly didn't know what happened.

What I found more interesting is why anyone would join such a blatantly elitist, self-centred and self indulgent website. I took a look at the CoS splash page 'We are looking for a few outstanding individuals' sounds like a lot of rubbish.

What is this 'church' then? A place for frustrated nihilists to sulk or some silly thing?

Actually if you read the third post you see that someone deleted them purposefully, some CoS "Reverend" named "Daaka" (I know his name is Daa-a I just can't remember the missing letter). I've now been banned by Ventrue for no reason because of my reply to Daaka. Fine.

I didn't want to join it because I feel like being elitist, self-centered, or self-indulgent. I simply like the morality of LaVeyan Satanism (always have) and I thought it would be interesting to possibly meet local Satanists. Plus Satanist women are really open. *nudge nudge nudge* No kidding by the way.

I have noticed that the forum discourages debate. It discourages free speech, and it is so sickeningly hypocritical, militant, elitist/restrictive, and wantonly senseless (like my completely ~WTF~ banning experience...). People there take themselves too ****ing seriously and no one has a sense of humor. I thought maybe I could use it as an extra forum to get some debate jollies out of me (I love to debate and discourse with people), but I obviously came to realize through that purposeless banning and post deletion frenzy that it's clearly the wrong place. Oy vey.

[quote=de_budding]My advice is steer clear of such gatherings, it's unhealthy to build ones ego up by finding like minded people and revelling in 'how we're all right' or developing a set of 9 rules* and following them blindly. As is evident in your longer post in the dialogue, this just results in mega-hypocrisy.[/quote]

I'm not a follower of Satanic rules. I don't follow rules I don't create myself. I have no actual rules anyways... just basic concepts like socially-acceptable moral codes. I only like Satanism for its morality. Obviously the organization representing mainstream Satanism is composed of adolescent *******s. I simply used the rules to demonstrate that the guy is a hypocritical *******, that's right.

[quote=de_budding]*[/quote]
de_budding wrote:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

I'm not impressed and find it disappointing that such an infantile philosophy has made such a strong foundation for it self, reminds me of some childish phases I had in secondary school (high-school) when I was sadly a bit of a goth... an example (don't laugh- I'm the one with long hair playing bass guitar and shouting.)

Dan.

Oh I understand your concerns Dan. I'm not a follower. I just wanted to socialize, debate, make some friends, make some enemies (I apparently made two big-shot enemies), and get off on my debate orgasms. Obviously I made a mistake coming there and I won't come back because I've been IP banned from viewing the forum or logging back in.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 02:45 pm
@Mephistopheles phil,
"Oh I understand your concerns Dan. I'm not a follower. I just wanted to socialize, debate, make some friends, make some enemies (I apparently made two big-shot enemies), and get off on my debate orgasms." (Mephistopheles)

Then you may want to mend your profile that says you are a pending member...

Mephistopheles phil

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:13 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
If I notice me never responding to you Vide, it's because you're on my permanent ignore list.

Thanks for the thanks Dan. ^^

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 06:49 pm
@Mephistopheles phil,
Thanks for the response, LOL!

But the contradiction was very obvious. Also, ignoring the message and the messenger is... well... your own prerogative I suppose. Good for you!

Seriously though, you may want to change that as it may be misleading to other people who may misinterpret what your position is. That was a comment meant to be helpful, not spiteful. No need to be defensive in an relative ideological debate.

Unfortunately, as of now I have put you on my "Black Watch Plaid Cautionary List of Prohibitory Ignored Comments and Commentators" list. Be careful, as it is only one infraction away from "Level 2 Hazy Magenta Emergency List of Agitated Respondents" list.

Aristoddler

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:30 am
@VideCorSpoon,
stop bickering. .

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:52 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Maybe you could contract to homeland security Vide, i think the terror alert colors need a makeover

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 07:42 pm
@GoshisDead,

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 02:59:43