If pictures says a thousand words.......

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » If pictures says a thousand words.......

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:46 am
Hello all
I always wondered if picture says a thousand word how can we decide what pictures say what?! So I came up with a game. I say a sentence and let me see what kind of image you guys can get and once u found that image kindly place it here so we can see Very Happy

My sentence

LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:57 am
@ltdaleadergt,
http://i31.tinypic.com/23vxs1v.jpg

You don't get any more lost than that... there are frickin dead people in the water and some skinny, ninja-esque mountain climbing Neanderthal is bent on stealing your jewelry for gods sake.

By the way, If any of you wonder how to post images like this, go to tinypic.com and upload a photo from your desktop and copy and paste "IMG Code for forums & Message Boards" to your post.

BUT REMEMBER TO RESIZE YOUR IMAGE BEFORE YOU UPLOAD IT OR IT WILL FILL THE ENTIRE FORUM!!!! You can do this in adobephotoshop for example.

urangutan

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 01:06 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorspoon, thirty minutes and I am still in histerics.

Personally Daleader, I think it was a photo technician who coined that phrase, just look how it boosted the work load. I find that I don't enjoy photographs or art all that much. It is not that I don't like the work, I can trully appreciate that side of it, it is more that like your sentence suggests, what image do the words create. I have a memory and while it is still functional, I use it to reminicse from the still shots in the mind.

I will give you a heap of words, all you have to do is pick up an atlas and point to the spot.

It is a cold, windless, mid winters night, there is no light as the moon is away but every now and again the aircraft lights that truckies use, poke towards me. It has got to be at least half an hour before they finally pass, doing about one hundred miles an hour, ( that is 160 kilometers in our rate). I am not lost but I have lost my beanie, I have never known such cold. I was on my way west to Perth for the defence of the America's Cup.

In your atlas, run your finger through the centre of Australia, from North to South and just as you hit the waters edge, you will see me waving at you.

No I am not cursing the God(s), I am waving.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » If pictures says a thousand words.......
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:14:12