Reverand Dan.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Reverand Dan.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 07:34 am
I just got ordained by the Universal Life Church Ministry, so feel free to refer to me as Rev. Buddle Very Happy. If any one is interested, I decided this would be a good idea as the plant Buddleia (or Buddlejia) was named after a Rev. Buddle (a botanist) who has a paper on botany in the natural history museum.

Here is my 'receipt of credentials' whatever that means...
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/xjxjp/certificaterevbuddle.jpg

Dan.

Aristoddler

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 08:24 am
@de budding,
*thumbs up*

cheers and such!

Arjen

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 08:53 am
@Aristoddler,
COngratulations Dan. It is a bit "worldly" to me, but I congratulate you. May I ask in what way the "Universal Life Church Ministry" sets itself apart from other churches?

de budding

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 09:14 am
@Arjen,
Here is their statement which explains it all and why I'm able to get one as an atheist.

-We strongly believe in the rights of all people to practice their beliefs, regardless of what those beliefs are, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others and are within the law.
We, ordain persons who are totally non-religious or even anti-religious. We are looking to change negative perception of religion while encouraging people to fearlessly state their religious beliefs, even if the only thing that a person can say is that he or she does not have any beliefs. This church seeks to fulfill the spiritual needs of as many different groups as we can by offering a wide variety of services and information.

I would say I am a minister of philosophy and science Smile.
The best part is that I am recognized on their databases so in certain states and countries I am actually able to marry, baptize etc. I will check the validity of it in my own country (UK) and who knows maybe I will be Lucky enough to perform ceremonies in the name of philosophy and science Very Happy.

Dan.

Arjen

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 09:32 am
@de budding,
The lovers of God have no religion, but God al(l-)one.

Aristoddler

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 01:08 pm
@Arjen,
How did you come to be ordained there?

de budding

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 02:12 pm
@Aristoddler,
Aristoddler,
By filling out a form online... Why? you interested? Very Happy
Dan.

Aristoddler

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 09:13 pm
@de budding,
Absolutely. It'd be something interesting to look into for certain.

Khethil

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:12 am
@Aristoddler,
Same here... what an awesome idea. I too am of an atheist orientation and would get a real kick out of the juxtaposition.

de budding

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:26 am
@Khethil,
He he, well I guess we should make this theard for the clergy of philosophy, science and reason. If you guys sign up post once your ordained Very Happy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Reverand Dan.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:03:15