Philosophy Journals

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Philosophy Journals

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 08:57 pm
does anyone subscribe to any philosophy journals? I am considering a subscription to one or two, but I don't know which ones I should consider.

Pythagorean

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:12 pm
@de Silentio,
Hi, de Silentio.

I always wanted to join the Review of Metaphysics. I often come across one of their articles that I want intensely to read, and which always requires subscripion or pay. That would be my personal pick.

Here is the link if you want to check it out: Welcome to the Review of Metaphysics' Home Page

There is a free journal which comes out once a year and provides free access to all past issues going back to 1996. This free journal is call Animus. Here is the link: Animus - A Philosophical Journal For Our Time

Good luck to you de Silentio!

-

Pythagorean

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:29 pm
@Pythagorean,
It would be nice if anyone else subscribes to journals so they can post them here.

Can anyone name any philosophy journals that may be worth while??

-- Pyth

Victor Eremita

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
@Pythagorean,
Oxford Journals: Mind.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:55 am
@Victor Eremita,
JSTOR has always been a good philosophy journal provider. It has around 37 philosophy journals on it like The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, International journal of Ethics, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, and one of the less interesting one's The Journal of symbolic logic.

I'm not quite sure how to join it though. I have my subscription through the schools library system, so I never went through the process. But I'll look up how to do it and post what I find for everyone. I remember hearing that local libraries take part in the database, so all you may need is a participating library, their website, and a library ID. Rosetta stone does that as well.

de Silentio

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:26 am
@VideCorSpoon,
I have a subscription to JSTOR through my school's library also, and I actually end up researching on the site a lot.

However, I am a classicist and enjoy reading from paper much more than reading online.

Thanks for the info on Rosetta Stone.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Philosophy Journals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:00:51