Futurism

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 03:18 pm
Why has the future become more valuable then the past?

Why must we look to the future in order to live instead of the past?

aaron the red

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 04:02 am
@Pessimist,
because the past is gone and our involvement in it, if any, is over. Moreover the past cannot be changed. We can make no choices about how it will happen. The future however is a broad thing. We can imagine it as whatever like. More importantly i think is the idea that it is uncertain. noone is afraid of or anticipating the past, because the past is over.

urangutan

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 04:47 am
@aaron the red,
Aaron the red, the past is ever present. We can rehash it in arguement, change it with education, learn from it, link to it on computer and reminiss (spelt that one wrong) of its wonder. We suffer for it today and shape it for tomorrow. Once in a while we relive it and sadly for ourselves we forget it. The past has a surprise for each and every one, finding yours may be good or bad. Our only tie to the future is some form of lust. Be them better days.

aaron the red

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 01:56 pm
@urangutan,
i'm sorry i suppose i should clarify. the past is gone because they are things that have already happened. we can't change them. in my personal opinion the past's only use is as information. not to knock that mass of info, but still its set. So the obsession with the future comes because we can't go back, but we will go through future.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:08:11