Why we advance for better bad!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Why we advance for better bad!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 04:40 am
I always wondered how did we end up to what we have now? How did we got to a stage that we read about happiness in books that are fiction? Why we live a live that free will is just a dream? I went to a chat room the another night by accident. I though for a first time let talk instead of seen what people do. In the chat room it was me and some else under the name of BOT. I said hi and in second it replied back! We talk and we begun speaking about humans mind, soul, reality of life and life in the so called modern world. It replied almost insteadly, it was way to fast. From time to time it used to answer me funny by asking can you rephrase that and sometimes it just replied by copy and pasting my replies with question mark! I thought the guy was just been funny! After I left the chat room I decided to see what BOT means. I found out that BOT are programs chatter that are designed to communicated and chat in forums while there are no one else to respond to other members! Wow it is just amazing that how life came from going to simple face to face chatting and communication to a level that people are speaking to computers! What made me said that it was long since I had such warm and intellectual communication! The sad part was that it was not a human but a machine! The so called BOT lover!

I am not against technology but sometimes we just dont know when to stop! WE make things that destroys culture, our social life. Instead of been a tool for happiness and comfort it is a tool for destroying true happiness like setting down with your mates having a cup of coffee to, chatting with them on phone, not seen them for months just because we are talking to them on the phone! I thought technologies meant to be made to help us to have more me time, more joy time, all i have seen is more complexity and less free time!

fayzi

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:46 am
@ltdaleadergt,
You said that you "had warm and intellectual communication" with the BOT. You even think that the BOT is funny. But suddenly you felt sad when you find out that it is actually a computer not a human.

My view is that if computer can perform to entertain you with chatting, so be it, as long as we--human--in the other end are satisfied with the outcome. The barrier of internet communication had long demise the quality of being a human. What were left is a human-machine interaction of text messages. If you are a regular participant of internet forum, groups or chat room, you should notice that miss-communication is the greatest threat of internet communication channel. And even with human the chat is not so entertaining and fulfilling.

Think of the BOT like a counselor of person-centered therapy, where it's goal is to discover oneself, then you might not underestimate it of not being human!!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Why we advance for better bad!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:01:00