Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 11:33 pm
This evening I watched a special on the History Channel entitled Decoding The Past - Episode Doomsday 2012: The End of Days. It was quite interesting and some believe this will be a new cycle for mankind.

Description

• A surprising number of sources, both ancient and modern, agree when the world will end.
  • On-site investigations and revealing dramatizations flesh out the sobering prophecy.
  • Respected scholars offer balanced analysis of doomsday predictions.
YouTube - DOOMSDAY 2012: End of Days - Part 1 of 2

YouTube - DOOMSDAY 2012: End of Days - Part 2 of 2

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 04:16 am
@Dustin phil,
Quote:
As the year 2012 ticks ever closer is there any reason to believe these doomsayers?

No.

The History Channel is entertainment. I really hope they did not present Merlin as a real figure. I've seen some shows with sloppy research, and they often let crazies appear to be respectable sources, but this would be a new low.

Dustin phil

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 08:47 am
@Didymos Thomas,
The video is posted above.

Big Harpe

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 12:01 pm
@Dustin phil,
Interesting topic to me. First off, I'd like to qualify my comments by saying that I don't believe anyone knows anything for sure. In my profession, I often hear some of the college kids quoting Lord Kelvin (as in Kelvin measure of temperature). His quote if often parroted, "To measure is to know". I've often accepted that statement to be true, until recently, when it was repeated by someone who didn't even know what Kelvin temperature measure was. I thought about it again, and went back to him and said "Maybe to measure is to form an opinion, but I think that humans are incapable of knowing anything for certain". So I will say this - I suppose that it may be true that we know very little, if anything, and nearly everything we call knowledge was transmitted to our brains by one or more of our senses, or by other unknown means." Since we are an animal and we possess limited intelligence, then what is transferred to our brain may not be understood correctly either, and a lot of things may remain unexplained indefinitely. Try teaching Algebra to a cricket.
Now, to qualify my opinion..
I can only comment by opinion, which is simply a thought based on my senses or other unknown source transmitting information to my brain, and myself processing this information with my given intelligence (average).
I have studied this 2012 issue. I believe that we are on the brink of a serious change in the world. I don't think the December 21'st, 2012 date is a fixed date. This number is based on the expiration date of the Mayan calendar, as I understand it. The Mayans were advanced astronomers and mathematicians and any of their records not etched in stone were supposedly destroyed by the Europeans. I would suggest reading some of the research done by Maurice Cotterrell His writings delve deeply into the Mayan calendar and their calculations, with the "Birth of Venus" being the beginning of the current era we live in. His interpretation of the Mayan stone records describe how the Sun's reversal of its magnetic poles routinely cause the Earth to ' recycle' itself every now and then. The beginning of the current Mayan calendar notes the 'Birth of Venus', when the Sun's pole shift flipped Venus upside down, explaining why it spins in an opposite direction from most other planets. He explains in his writing that our history of civilization is not the first one, and the Mayans were aware of it, as are most world cultures. He also explains how the recycling date, or pole reversal date is December 21'st, 2012, but the date is mathematically incorrect by several years. The pole reversal and recycling of the Earth is supposed to happen in 2008, this year. Scientist have recently been noting pole shifts, and it seems like it is happening. The results of reversing the Sun's, and subsequently, the Earth's magnetic poles will have an unprecedented effect on the world. There are other indicators that this is taking place, but for now, check out Marice Cotterell's writings. He's one of the philosophical-type physicists/mathematician, like Descartes was. Again, nobody knows anything for sure, but Maurice's scenario is a frightening proposition. Let's hope it doesn't happen. At the bare minimum, it makes for some interesting conversation. Smile
Thank you
I AM,
Big Harpe

Dustin phil

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 04:01 pm
@Big Harpe,
Big Harpe wrote:
I would suggest reading some of the research done by Maurice Cotterrell His writings delve deeply into the Mayan calendar and their calculations, with the "Birth of Venus" being the beginning of the current era we live in. His interpretation of the Mayan stone records describe how the Sun's reversal of its magnetic poles routinely cause the Earth to ' recycle' itself every now and then. The beginning of the current Mayan calendar notes the 'Birth of Venus', when the Sun's pole shift flipped Venus upside down, explaining why it spins in an opposite direction from most other planets. He explains in his writing that our history of civilization is not the first one, and the Mayans were aware of it, as are most world cultures. He also explains how the recycling date, or pole reversal date is December 21'st, 2012, but the date is mathematically incorrect by several years. The pole reversal and recycling of the Earth is supposed to happen in 2008, this year.

That's an interesting statement about the Mayan calender being incorrect. The documentary claims, "."

Although, I do understand somewhat that this so-called shift won't happen instantaneously (?), therefore to say it will happen starting in 2008 sounds feasible. A couple months ago I watched something on PBS entitled Nova - Magnetic Storm, where scientists say the earth is indeed losing its magnetism.

Here's a few more resources:

Predictions or prophecies by Leonard Muniz

Earth loses its magnetism by Molly Bently BBC News

NASA proved the calculations were exactly correct

Google "2012 transit"

2004-2012 'Time of the morning star'

From Unexplainable.net:

"The Mayan Calendar Predicts A great change in humanity. We will ether the 4th Dimension than quickly ascend to the 5th dimension.

The Government is aware of the situation and can-not control it. They have tried through Brain Washing with the Buzz saw project and Even time travel with the Montauk project to prevent this occurrence.

This site had full interviews with Al Bielek and other witnesses and workers who were involved in the Philadelphia experiment and the Montauk Project.

Drunvalo Melchizedek Is a great teacher that teaches about this occurrence and offers lecture and courses of study."

Big Harpe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:02 pm
@Dustin phil,
Actually, what I meant to say is that the exact day of it ending is on 12/21/2012, but the ending events start in 2008, based on what I am told. The Mayan calendar is mathematically perfect when compared to solar pole shifts, as far as I know. And yes, the shift will be rapid, more rapid than being currently monitored. Still, it won't be instantaneous, as I understand it. Good links for some quality reading, thank you.

Dustin phil

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:39 pm
@Big Harpe,
Big Harpe wrote:
Actually, what I meant to say is that the exact day of it ending is on 12/21/2012, but the ending events start in 2008, based on what I am told. The Mayan calendar is mathematically perfect when compared to solar pole shifts, as far as I know. And yes, the shift will be rapid, more rapid than being currently monitored. Still, it won't be instantaneous, as I understand it. Good links for some quality reading, thank you.

Oh, thanks for explaining that, I must have misunderstood what you said. Here is a 3 hour lecture on the Mayan calender. I've starting watching it and seems pretty good.

This 3 hour DVD is a presentation based on Dr. Calleman's break thru discoveries of the structure of the Mayan Calendar as it relates to the Evolution of Consciousness. "Ian takes a complex subject such as the Mayan Calendar and makes it very easy to understand on a personal level." He also clearly points out how the Schedule of Creation can be tracked when one looks at past historical events and relates that information to what to expect in the near future leading up to 2012. This 3 hour DVD also includes questions from the audience and is the fastest way to get up to speed on the topic of the Mayan Calendar. (To remove subtitles hit "cc")

The Mayan Calendar Comes North 01 - Ian Xel Lungold

The Mayan Calendar Comes North 02 - Ian Xel Lungold

Ennui phil

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:33 am
@Dustin phil,
If this doomsday is authentically and undoubtedly be transpired,then we should be poised to die,suffering from the explosion or other unique alterations.
So we should relish life or not?All humanity are currently focusing on education and economic,the world is hectic.

Stormalv

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 06:10 am
@Ennui phil,
Calling it doomsday is a bit misleading I think, but I do think we are moving into a new age. I've seen Ian Lungold's documentary, and it totally blew my mind, I think everyone should watch it. It's so accurate, and in addition, astrologers say that we are in the end of the Aqaurius cycle. Also, theosophists say that we are currently at the 4th level of consciousness, the first 3 levels are for the creatures with more matter than spirit, in other words, most animals, insects, etc. Humans are at the 4th level, human in this meaning means not necessarily our species, homo sapiens, but any creature with a fine balance between matter and spirit. So dolphins for example might be "human" as well. The next 3 levels (there are 7 in total, the number 7 occurs everywhere in our universe and our cycles) will have more spirit than matter, which perhaps means that after 2012 (or 2011 as Ian Lungold tells us), we will leave the physical plane and become pure spirits. First perhaps nature spirits, then at the 6th level, planets and stars, and at the 7th level, solar systems? And spirits of these 2 last levels are perhaps who our ancestors were in contact with, powerful spirits that they labelled gods. That means you might become Zeus for example. Wink

Stormalv

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 06:33 am
@Stormalv,
Then again, 2012 might be the end of our universe. If the age of aquarius (It's the age of pisces now, I wrote wrong in my previous post) has already begun, because there are many who believe it has already been around for a while, and it's the last age, 2012 might as well be the end of the universe. All humans die, and in our next lives we will be spirits and gods of the past. This is in an interesting thought. I think time exists in a totally different line for the One spirit than it does for the physical universe. That's why some people can predict the future as well, because they once lived in the future, and have remembered their past life, which is in the future.

Stormalv

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 07:15 am
@Dustin phil,
Look at it this way, there are 2 timelines of the universe, one physical and one spiritual. Seen from the physical point of view, the physical seems like a straight line (or perfect circle), and the spiritual one seems like a lot of random nonsense going back and forth, and vice versa. Imagine a pyramid, but split it in half and only keep the left part, so you have a triangle with a straight vertical right side. There are 7 levels of consciousness, each with 7 sublevels, as theosophy says. The lower the level of consciousness, the more creatures, and at the very top is God. Life is like filling this triangle from the bottom left up until the very top, going vertical all the time until it reaches the ceiling of the sloped line, then starting over again, a little to the right, until the whole figure is full and you become God, at the very top right.

As I said, there are more creatures the lower you get, so the lowest form are the bacterias and amobes, they have little consciousness, but they are many. Let's say you first are one billion of these, then a thousand insects, a hundred lizards, 10 animals and then a primitive human. Then you start at the bacteria stage again. After many enough cycles, you reach the second level of human consciousness, and so forth, all the way up to the seventh, which is Jesus, Buddha, etc. They are fewer, as they are higher in the triangle. Eventually, you become nature spirits, which are fewer than humans, planets, which are fewer than nature spirits, then solar systems, which are fewer than planets, ultimately, you become God, and you are infinitely intelligent and creative. You can now create a new uni/multiverse, just the way you like it. Damn, this all came to me like a revelation now. It makes so much sense!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 05:54:33