Question that philosphers always argued about!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Question that philosphers always argued about!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:11 pm
My motto is this:"Ask me the right and correct question and you well get your answer!" So I believe the best way to learn and argue is to have a set of question to talk and argue about. I have two set of question that has always created huge debate since the time of Socrates. Set A is what Socrates asks and set B is general throughout the era of human life. I hope you guys get active in since the only way we can learn is if we talk and listen and correct each other!

Enjoy

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:12 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
1-What is PIETY?
2-What is GOOD?
3-What is JUSTICE?
4-What is MODERATION?
5-What is COURAGE?
6-What is VIRTUE?

:confused:Surprised

Justin

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:15 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
Too many questions to be approached in one thread. Each should be more of their own and each discussed separately. Just a thought.

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:17 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
1-What is Knowledge? How can we know anything outside our own minds? What is the source of knowledge?

2-What is truth? How can something be proved?

3-is truth Objective (universal) or subjective ?

4-How do science and God relate? Is there a God? If so, how do we know there is one? And how can we prove there is one?

5-How are mind and body relate? Are they seprate things or the same thing?

6-What is free will? Are our actions predetermined? That is, do they follow from the preceding action in accordance with the laws of nature? Or do we, indeed, have choice, How "free" are we?

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:19 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Too many questions to be approached in one thread. Each should be more of their own and each discussed separately. Just a thought.
I didnt know how to do it, I guess the best way is to pick one and start from there. Dont know how to organise it any ideas to improve it? Smile I am out of idea how to do it, the reason I put the set A toghether is that it is the 6 question that socartes always asked and I thought they most be toghether in order to make sense I guess

Justin

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:50 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
I'm actually working on re-organizing the entire forum which will allow for much more discussions.

But, you could open up a thread with just one question. That way the entire thread would be discussion on the one topic only. Of course we all know they intertwine but in order for the information to be valuable at a later date for other readers, it's important to have organization... coming from the most unorganized person in the world... Smile So feel free to take one of the topics, open a thread in the appropriate forum and people will come in and discuss. I'm working on the overall organization of this forum which will be moving of threads and so forth. Good questions though!

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:16 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
good luck in it. It is pretty good now. Only the portal needs more graphic i guess. That is about it i guess

find me in space

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:28 pm
@ltdaleadergt,
man came from sea to sand,desired sand(with his boats and fish)conquered sand with sheets of sails.sailed sand from age to age,compressed sand to mirror,made reflection its god,and lost blind philosophy to comparisan

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Question that philosphers always argued about!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:58:05