Learning Resources for Broadband

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Learning Resources for Broadband

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 05:58 pm
Hi, all!

Here is a link to a list of Media Learning Programs from Learner.org, from the Annenberg CPB project, says it requires broadband connection.

Here is the link: Annenberg Media

"You can view Annenberg Media programs online with a broadband connection whenever you see this icon. http://www.learner.org/img/resources/watch-program_small.gif "

Three of my favorite programs are:

1) The Mechanical Universe and beyond...

This is a CalTech produced video series on the history and main ideas in physics.

2) Voices and Visions

The lives and works of 13 renowned American poets are interpreted through dramatic readings and archival photographs. Illustrative poems are accompanied by insights into their historical and cultural connections. Poets include: Emily Dickinson, T.S. Eliot, Sylvia Plath, Wallace Stevens, and Walt Whitman.

3) The Western Tradition

The famous PBS video instructional program on Western civilization by Dr. Eugen Weber.

I hope you get a chance to check them out and enjoy...

--Pyth

Pythagorean

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 12:40 am
@Pythagorean,
I just want to add here that I am convinced that people would pay good money to buy documentary DVD's of this quality. And here they are free for broadband! If you like documentaries on poetry you can do no better than their Voices and Visions series. It has to be the best American poetry documentary series that was ever produced...ever!

Also, who doesn't love Dr. Eugen Weber's famous Western Tradition lectures. So full with historical images and useful information. I am thinking of buying a copy to give to my local library.

Be well, and enjoy!

--Pyth

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Learning Resources for Broadband
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:05:27