NASA HD Video Gallery

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » NASA HD Video Gallery

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 07:57 pm
Here is a link to NASA's HD Video Gallery!

Long movies (up to 100mb) in 1080i - Grab yourself a front row seat.

>>NASA - Multimedia - High Definition Video Gallery<<

-Pyth

Arjen

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 11:29 am
@Pythagorean,
Thanks a lot for this link. It is great! Especially seeing the world from orbit at a crystal clear movie. Thanks!

Pythagorean

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:36 am
@Arjen,
You are more than welcome, Arjen:)

I just wanted to announce that the space shuttle Discovery is scheduled to blast off Tuesday, October 24 at 11:38 am from CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla.

Discovery and its crew of seven will embark on a two-week mission that is considered the most challenging and complex in the nine years of orbital assembly of the international space station.
The shuttle will carry up an Italian-built live-in compartment, about the size of a small bus, that the astronauts will attach to the space station. It's named Harmony, the choice of schoolchildren who took part in a national competition. About 130 of those youngsters traveled to Cape Canaveral to witness the launch.
Europe and Japan's laboratories will link up with Harmony once they are launched by shuttles over the next few months.
Discovery's astronauts also will move a massive girder and set of solar wings from one part of the space station to another. That work will involve extending radiators as well as the folded solar wings - 240 feet from tip to tip when outstretched.
In all, five spacewalks are planned, four to complete this construction job and one to test a method for fixing damaged shuttle thermal tiles using a caulking gun and high-tech goo. The demonstration with sample tiles was added after Endeavour suffered a gouge to its belly during the last launch in August from a piece of flyaway fuel-tank foam.

You can watch it live on NASA TV

I, for one, will watch it Smile

--Pyth

globemaster

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:06 am
@Pythagorean,
great link, thanks!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » NASA HD Video Gallery
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:31:38