Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Justin

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 08:55 am
One of the toughest things to do in life is to love the unlovely.

Christmas to me symbolizes the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus loved the unlovely, he turned the other cheek and walked the extra mile. Jesus set an example for all of us to follow and the very heart and core of his message was to Love one another.

Although I was raised in a Christian Church, my family didn't understand how to Love and naturally, this was due to how they were raised. So essentially, learning how to love later in life is much more difficult than learning the meaning of love as a child. Up until a few years ago, love wasn't in my vocabulary, nor did I know how to love... and still learning every day.

During this Christmas Season I would ask that all the members of this forum try to show Love to your families, friend and foes. Philosophy doesn't mean much at all without love... Loving the unlovely is one of the hardest things to put into practice, yet the most fullfilling of all. Love isn't something you say, it's something you do. Love is something that's deeply embedded in all of us at the root. The energy and light of Love is the strongest of all and that has already been proven by the actions of Jesus and his example of Love.

This is a Philosophy Forum and there are many Philosophies to discuss and debate over. However, through experience and living a life of hard knocks, I'm learning that the Creator of this Universe created with Love... No matter what you choose to call that creator, love is of the essence.

So, I might ask that we all try to Love this season and watch what a difference it makes... not only in ourselves, but in those we show love to. Even people that irritate or frustrate you, just show love. It's been said that in order to find yourself, you must give yourself away... also, in order to love others we must first love ourselves even if we are unlovely. It's tough, but no one said it was going to be easy.

Thank you all for being a part of this forum and contributing to the growth of others in discussion. I love you all and love this forum and truly believe that a seed of Love has been planted in this forum providing us an opportunity to grow and take this walk together. I look forward to growing with you all and the friendships that will come.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ... and remember to Love.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:15:12