Rambling Or Well Constructed Case

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Rambling Or Well Constructed Case

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
If we have something to say that takes a thread of the subject maybe we should use this space to air our views. To hijack a thread does no one any good . perplexity.

cut2thepoint

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:25 pm
@cut2thepoint,
If you dont want to comment on my thread about islam perplexity why did you bother to write anything on it at all??????????

perplexity

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:30 pm
@cut2thepoint,
cut2thepoint wrote:
If you dont want to comment on my thread about islam perplexity why did you bother to write anything on it at all??????????

perplexity wrote:

I still get fooled into thinking that they mean what they say; that is the trouble.

They pretend to be friendly, easy going and open minded, with alternative opinion welcome, so .....and then.....

cut2thepoint wrote:
....how can humanity ever live in peace when one percieves to have the ultimate truth?. Of course there is many factors to be explored but I thought I would open with this. All views welcome as I myself see this as a subject that can be argued from many viewpoints indeed.

The question was put so I gave the answer:

To live in peace mind your own business; worry why you post, and let others take care of themselves.

--- RH.

Electra phil

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:18 pm
@perplexity,
per‧plex‧i‧ty  /pərˈplɛkhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[per-plek-si-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun, plural -ties. 1.the state of being perplexed; confusion; uncertainty. 2.something that perplexes: a case plagued with perplexities. 3.a tangled, involved, or confused condition or situation.
[Origin: 1350-1400; ME perplexite < OF < LL perplexitās, equiv. to L perplex(us) (see perplexed) + -itās -ity]

pilgrimshost

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:19 am
@Electra phil,
Yes I think Ill write it here.

> RAMBLE v. & n. -v.intr. 1.~ 2. wander in discourse, talk or write disconnectedly.-n. a walk taken for pleasure.

> RAMBLER 1. a person who rambles. 2.~

> RAMBERLING 1.~ 2. disconnected, desultory, incoherent. 3. (of a house, street, etc.) irregularly arranged. 4.~

> DISCONNECTEDLY (DISCONNECTED) adj. (of speech, writing, argument, etc.) incoherent and illogical.

Electra phil

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:02 am
@pilgrimshost,
pilgrimshost wrote:
Yes I think Ill write it here.

> RAMBLE v. & n. -v.intr. 1.~ 2. wander in discourse, talk or write disconnectedly.-n. a walk taken for pleasure.

> RAMBLER 1. a person who rambles. 2.~

> RAMBERLING 1.~ 2. disconnected, desultory, incoherent. 3. (of a house, street, etc.) irregularly arranged. 4.~

> DISCONNECTEDLY (DISCONNECTED) adj. (of speech, writing, argument, etc.) incoherent and illogical.

i‧den‧ti‧fy  /aɪˈdɛnhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngtəˌfaɪ, ɪˈdɛn-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-den-tuh-fahy, i-den-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -fied, -fy‧ing.

-verb (used with object)

Pilgrimshost--

lol I can relate. I will try harder.

It is nice to have an unfolding conversation, but to simply use someone's post as an opportunity to suck the life out of meaningful conversation, should not be accepted.

Nice to meet you. Smile

perplexity

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:36 am
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:
It is nice to have an unfolding conversation, but to simply use someone's post as an opportunity to suck the life out of meaningful conversation, should not be accepted.

How does it happen, this sucking of life?

If a long post begins to tire, move on.

I am dismayed by the weakness, the accusative tendency to blame.

--- RH.

Electra phil

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:45 am
@perplexity,
perplexity wrote:
How does it happen, this sucking of life?

If a long post begins to tire, move on.

I am dismayed by the weakness, the accusative tendency to blame.

--- RH.

Where do you see blame?

How does the sucking of life happen you ask?

When the potential for a good conversation spirals from the original thought to a conversation about a particular poster. When that particular poster will not gain a clue that he or she is not a respected contributor due to a repeated behavior that results often in annoyance, and refuses to adjust the self.

There you have the sucking sensation.

cut2thepoint

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:40 am
@Electra phil,
I'll reply in here electra. It was a post to all the people who deem it correct to go on a thred and talk about something completly diffrent, because they do not have anything to say about the subject being talked about!!!!!!!! If one does not agree with the subject as a whole then why bother to post some crap on it? It ruins it for the people who want to talk about a subject in more detail. How are we ever going to get anywhere when threads are ruined in this way? its not good for us or philosophy in general!

If someone else was talking on a subject I do not understand or do not see the point to who the hell am I to talk about something else on it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Electra phil

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:54 am
@cut2thepoint,
cut2thepoint wrote:
I'll reply in here electra. It was a post to all the people who deem it correct to go on a thred and talk about something completly diffrent, because they do not have anything to say about the subject being talked about!!!!!!!! If one does not agree with the subject as a whole then why bother to post some crap on it? It ruins it for the people who want to talk about a subject in more detail. How are we ever going to get anywhere when threads are ruined in this way? its not good for us or philosophy in general!

If someone else was talking on a subject I do not understand or do not see the point to who the hell am I to talk about something else on it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it is my way or the highway?

I will pick the highway then. Smile

Electra phil

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:02 am
@Electra phil,
If the issue is perplexity, then that is not being resolved and being allowed to go on for whatever reason I do not know.

If the issue is something I said in your thread, I will say that I was attempting to get the thread back on track, which seems a miserable failure.

I am leaving the group for right now. I have another group to tend to where I am a staff member.

There is no sense to me when 1 out of 10 threads have an enlightening value and the other nine are a headache.

Good luck. I do like your thoughts.

perplexity

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:
Where do you see blame?

I see blame in

"..simply use someone's post as an opportunity to suck the life out of meaningful conversation"

use an an opportunity appears to me to impute a deliberate intention to be answered for.

Electra wrote:

How does the sucking of life happen you ask?

When the potential for a good conversation spirals from the original thought to a conversation about a particular poster. When that particular poster will not gain a clue that he or she is not a respected contributor due to a repeated behavior that results often in annoyance, and refuses to adjust the self. There you have the sucking sensation.

That sounds like a need to suck potential.

I prefer to bring my my own potential, to be independent.

It takes two or more to converse, and except that a qurestion is directly put there is no particular obligation to respond.

Perhaps it is a woman thing. I have noticed that women especially employ the expression with a air of objection, while men prefer to be sucked.

--- RH.

Justin

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:04 am
@cut2thepoint,
Perplexity, that's it. Your done here! You've said enough.

Justin

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:28 am
@cut2thepoint,
Ok, after careful review of the situation and comments made by perplexity, I've decided that a 7 day retirement from this community is needed. Expressing things like he did above in this thread is not productive and is in direct violation of the Forum Guidelines.

Furthermore, if you feel that you cannot work towards following the rules and guidelines set forth in this forum, then go elsewhere. They are written in black and white and are the basis of this community.

I hope that myself or moderators of this forum never have to ban anyone again.

Perplexity will be banned for 7 days. During this time frame, we should vote on whether or not it should be for good. I have made poll on this original thread.

Thank you!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » General Discussion
  3. » Rambling Or Well Constructed Case
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:10:24